Keg Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a break from the trike today to have a little fun. I put this together from parts I had in the garage. I sold my other big muscle bike and I've been itching for another one. the fork crown is an old manitou that I threw together to have about 3" of trail with the front raked out. Need a Wheelie bar for this machine! It's fun!! Tomorrow it's back to work on the trike...time for paint prep on the frame and more work on the keg fitting.

DSCN1487.jpg

Finally have enough progress to throw up some photos... most of the stuff has been detailing work like final welding, grinding and fitting issues. However, here is the keg with the cooler dropped in.

DSCN1513.jpg

body work on the frame.

DSCN1528.jpg

Fork parts being painted

DSCN1529.jpg

small parts order arrived from Harris Cyclery... time to rebuild that S3C hub.

DSCN1530.jpg

crunch time for final paint and assembly! keep your eyes out for me at the tempe tour de fat this weekend!

Too busy today to take many pictures but here it is all masked up. Final detail and paint tomorrow morning. Going to paint the seat black. I'm still waiting on the white wall tires... really frustrating me that they aren't here yet. I may have to delay me departure until they get here. Might mean a late night driving.

DSCN1536.jpg

Looking sweet man!!!
Good luck with those tires.
I would love to see some photos of your completed drivetrain if you get a chance.

Loaded up for Tour De Fat. Have to pick up a few parts tonight in tempe for last minute completion... got the S3C hub rebuilt but I also packed my coaster brake setup in case it doesn't work. do have a new one on the way in working order. Just won't be here in time for the tour.

DSCN1537.jpg

DSCN1540.jpg

Turned out great!!!
Love the lace paint scheme!!!
Have fun!

ahh so that was the bike...i rode past it a few times (also walked) while at tour de fat. if you saw the 3 wheeled bike with the flathead motor i was hanging around that most of the day. awesome looking bike!!

Tour De Fat was a blast! I kept getting flats because I was having to use 24x2.125 tubes because I couldn't find any 24x3 in time. extreme heat and thin stretched rubber... I should have known. I got the tires in the mail at 3 in the afternoon on friday and drove down to the valley. Changed them out that night and set up the chains in the morning. What a difference in tire size when they are next to each other!

DSCN1541.jpg

DSCN1543.jpg

I love this build!!!

those tires made the entire difference! Ride and Enjoy!

Craiggo said:
Ride and Enjoy!

I will ride it around a little but it takes up too much garage space and I'm moving again so I'm putting all my custom cruisers up for sale... I'm going to invest in a new frame jig when they are all sold.

Back