Kayak Trailer....or is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has gotten bitten by the kayak bug and since we do not have a truck but rather a minivan w/o a roof rack, we decided a trailer was needed (carrying it inside the van was rather tight).
Found this on CL for $200...not bad, some problems like it needed new(er) tires...and racks to hold a kayak, or kayaks...
KayakTrailer012.jpg

Stripped all the parts off that I didn't need.
KayakTrailer005.jpg

New deck, kayak frame, new(er) tires, painted fenders flat black, the frame got a fresher coat of bright red paint, removed the old paint and rust from the rims and she's ready to roll.
KayakTrailer030.jpg

KayakTrailer031.jpg

And yeah, it'll carry bikes as well. :wink:
KayakTrailer033.jpg

And one very tired supervisor. :lol:
KayakTrailer013.jpg

All set up for the vacation to the coast in a couple of weeks!

Good idea. I wanted to get a roof rack to carry my kayaks but my wife is afraid I will hurt my shoulders again loading them. I currentl carry them on a 5x8 cargo trailer.

What I really like about using a boat trailer is that it's so much lighter than the usual utility trailer. My wife can pick it up and turn it around if she gets caught in a tight spot.

very nice job. I can see you strapping down an igloo cooler in front of the bicycle, loaded with ice cold beverages! :D

Latest posts

Back