Just Playing Around

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went by Chuck's house and he solved my what to use for a shifter problem.
DSCF0001-130.jpg

Well so far I painted some of it red. Still kinda sticky though. Maybe it will dry
by tomorrow and I can get it installed.
Since I misplaced mine, Chuck gave me another head badge to make it official.

DSCF0002-119.jpg

I live a couple of miles from him. He has a bunch of stuff. He is really a good guy too.
Always willing to help on parts.

Ok I got my white shifter painted and installed. Worked good and right there where you need it.
Still have to find some of the small red thin tie wraps.
DSCF0002-120.jpg

DSCF0004-41.jpg

DSCF0005-25.jpg

That baby turned out hot!!!!!
Nice work as usual!!!

Thanks I appreciate it. I think they do make one that is bigger. I remember Hooch had one.
I doubt that it would take a real big tire. If you stay within the looks of a frame and then stretch
it some, you have a better riding bike. I find lots of the old frames ,although cool looking , are
pretty small. Its was explained to me that they were really made for kids. Plus we are bigger now. :shock:

very nice, clean bike. I love the frame, but then again I'm partial to stretches. any pics of the build?

Man thanks everybody.
Randy its real hard to mess up red. One of the colors that always looks good on anything.
Including my second wife.
I remember Hooch was always looking for one of those bigger Schwinn's I really never saw one
against one that was regular. They must not have made a lot of them.

Bigcam it was a pretty quick build. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66782

Chuck that was funny. I saw that movie!.

Thanks Tater, glad you like it. I rode it more today and even though it was cold
I like it more and more. Pretty simple for a build but turned out good.

I guess I'm to late since you already have a badge for it again. Anyhow, Nice looking build for just messing around. :mrgreen:

Oh and karfer, he never did have a problem cutting up Schwinns. I think the problem he had was keeping them stock. Either that or not cutting them apart. I can't recall. :wink:

Thanks Sensor. When I was doing the seat stays and I did the straight across one.....I
though would Sensor do it like this and then I changed it to right. ha ha I don't normally
cut up built bikes. Its too easy to build the whole thing, but this one was going to scrap
anyway , so it was no big loss either way.

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Sensor. When I was doing the seat stays and I did the straight across one.....I
though would Sensor do it like this
Nope. I would've stuck it in a corner for a year or so and then,MAYBE, changed the stays. :lol:
Don't blame your good judgement on me!

Back