Just picked up another Cranbrook

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out running around at lunch and drove by a Pawn shop. I usually don't have very good luck at Pawn shops. but I saw a couple of cruiser style bikes so I went up and checked them out. The first one was a Boss Cruiser, that was an old 80's possibly late 70's bike that looked pretty much original down to the original decals and foam covered handlebars. The frame looked to be a diamond style looptail. They wanted $60. This did not look to be a bad price, it was just not my style bike. The other bike that was there was a whatever year girls Huffy Cranbrook. It is not perfect. The seat has been changed out and it has some chessy mountain bike handlebars. The rims are newer model rims that are aluminum with black hubs. What I liked about it is that it looks to be lubricated with aoutmotive oil so there is no rust, just this coat of gunk over everything. I have several other Huffy's already viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12510 and for $15 I could not turn this one down. I really haven't decided how I am going to build this one up, Right now I just plan on cleaning it up and seeing what parts I have laying around. I already rode it and it rides well.
DSCF5446.jpg

DSCF5450.jpg

DSCF5451.jpg

DSCF5452.jpg

DSCF5461.jpg

DSCF5462.jpg

Yeah. I have three other Huffy's. Two of them are boys and one girls. The boys bikes were bought new and the other girls bike that I have is a heavy trash day find. I am thinking of going with a solid color and solid colored tires kind of like the "Tow Vehicle". It won't be the same colors though.

Back