Jesse James vs SR / JR Teutul

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Jesse and Jr. are great builders IMO. (probably not the best around but still great builders).
Think Jesse is more focus, but if Jr. get´s his act together and get´s serious about the build he could surprise Jesse and all of us, that if he dosen´t get distracted by blouses, jeans and other lady clothes... :lol:

my problem with a lot of custom bikes these days is that they only look good sitting. Put a rider on them, and they look ridiculous. Not enough design thought is put into how a rider will look on it.

im sure we all could build bikes like those if we had millions of dollors ....what i would like 2 see is discovery do a build show on ur average homegrown builder ...who has a small budget,small shop, small tool supply, like a guy who only has a 10x 12 shed and a lot of free time ....my buddy built this on an almost zero budget ...traded lots of tattoos ....i belive this is a way cool bike for a average joe....dont mind the bungee coard n the blue towel ....tank mount busted comin home from chigger fest ....what u guys think????
SSPX0085.jpg

SSPX0081.jpg

SSPX0079.jpg

SSPX0083.jpg

SSPX0084.jpg

SSPX0080.jpg

I personally don't have that much faith in my own building abilities. :lol:

I'd be there fartin' around with a rear fender brace for 3 days and still not be able to get it right.

I think it looks waaaay easier on TV than it really is to take a piece of flat sheet metal and pound it into a nice looking tank...no matter how much money you've got.

i totally agree with ya rat rod ...jesse is the only one ive seen actually beat a yank with a hammer n a bag ...i seen rick and the guy that works for jr now make tanks ...but there not makin em like jesse did !!! its a lost art all there stuff is kinda just cut up flat stuff ...welded 2 gether ...or off the shelf ...either way its cool to watch ...LOL
my vote goes 2 jesse ..then jr ...sr is an idiot who needs 2 give it up ...he dosent do anything anyway they could take him out of the show and the bikes would still get done ....

He actually does a lot, He criticizes the few good ideas that come about in the shop, screams, has wild outbursts at work, breaks things, hinders progress, never actually works but complains that someone else didn't do the thing he can find to do instead of doing it himself. If he was an employee he'd get canned. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
He actually does a lot, He criticizes the few good ideas that come about in the shop, screams, has wild outbursts at work, breaks things, hinders progress, never actually works but complains that someone else didn't do the thing he can find to do instead of doing it himself. If he was an employee he'd get canned. :mrgreen:

ROFLMAO!!!! So true!!! Add to that, he criticizes people for doing the things HE does all the time (for example, talk on his cell phone all day during work hours).

I'd personally like to see Paul Sr. taken out of the mix. Most OCC's bikes are just too corny, some just plain ridiculous. Arlen Ness would be a good replacement. Just imagine, Ness vs. PJD vs. Jesse James.....Now that would be interesting! :mrgreen:

Case and point......
The OCC Eyesore
PHOTO_13497652_29029_2557693_ap.jpg

Arlen Ness - Ness-stalgic
298184066_a851763f4c_z.jpg

I see your point... I would crush the red one first, and continue with the yellow one...
Although they both could be very appealing... if you use them as target practice. :lol:

This should be good for laugh! You know as soon as I noticed they sell "TEAM SR." and "TEAM JR." shirts you know those guys have nothing to do with bikes anymore(for that matter if they ever did since neither one could actually fix a bike if their life depended on it and they were alone!). Jesse at least could build/repair his own bikes but I think he's just in it to promote Austin Speed Shop. I watched his 'Metal Church' video's on making a tank and was a bit worried when I saw he needed a $50,000 power hammer,etc.,etc. just to do it. Many people have made tanks that are better than that with just a hammer and dollie or a hardwood buck. :? Am I being mean? Nope. Realistic? Yup. Just look on Jockey journal and you'll see what I mean.Many "unknown" builders would smoke any of those guys. Remember Paul Tutel(s.p.?) #2's Geico bike? What many may not know is that Powerpant did a Geico bike as well. CLICKETY CLICK TO SEE IT! Which one is better? That boils down to personal opinion. I know which one I wouldn't be caught dead on!
Add a television show and people think they become superhuman in real life after enough fans tell then how great they are and they soon lose touch with what reality is and what they really are.

Okay, I've had my say.I guess this thread will finally die now that I've tossed my $.01 in! :mrgreen:
(If my grammar isn't up to snuff I'm sorry but i didn't proof read yet!....I may edit spelling later!)

outskirtscustoms said:
The OCC Eyesore

Nobody likes this bike but me! :shock: Yeah it's big and clunky but it's pretty sweet 8)

Jesse James builds some sweet choppers but Paul Jr. does too :wink: They are going to be the close competitors in this build off but I think Jr. will get the win :mrgreen:
Paul's bikes:
Junior%204.jpg

309516_10150339862584216_215613554215_7918024_227888860_n.jpg

powerplant all the way. way better. thats the style I used to build along time ago. these guys can't hold a candle to most of the unknowns that's for sure.

Outlaw 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I wonder where he got the idea for that one? Maybe from COOK CUSTOM CHOPPERS?
I'm guessing you guys have seen the show where he has a t shirt that is blurred out? That's because he took a picture of DAVE COOKS NICKEL BIKE bike and used it(I'm guessing here but since it's been blurred out I would guess without permission) on his first T-shirts with his(PJD) logo :roll:

I love the "originality" and "innovation" they put out.

I am going to jump in on this debate/discussion and say that I have watched all the episodes of BBO and American Chopper and JJ's bike building specials and respect them all for their craft in their own way. BUT, I have to say that Young's "Lakewood Special is IMHO the nicest looking bike ever made!

lakewood_wallpaper.jpg

Here's another unknown builder, Kirk Taylor and his awesome creation "The Widowmaker" built for James Hetfield
Picture%2B3.png

Picture%2B2.png

Nobody is as cool as Cole.
His Hot Rods and Bikes, I've never seen one that I didn't like.
Plus, he's a laid back cool "walk the walk" kinda guy.
That's why he doesn't have his own TV show....and that's okay!

Let me tell you a couple of things here:

You guys are truly special... why? Most of us have different opinions, likes, thoughts about this matter, and the level of respect is just great.
I have been knowing this for quite a while but, is just an honour to share this forum with you. It really makes me proud to be a member of RRB!

This said, I still think this:

is the most ridiculous "bike" I ever seen.

IMO, one should relate to a design, and if the work is done properly it should suggest something to us.

For example a bomber bike design.
This is inspired by a modern bomber, it insinuates certain design path, I see the influence here...
4812809_f260.jpg

(from: http://victorhatley.hubpages.com/hub/Wa ... -Youll-Pay)
No need for ammo, Air Force markings or a Gatling in there!

This other one is "plane" grotesque.
OCC%20Stealth%20Bomber%20%201.jpg

Only missing a glued bomb to it and Tom Cruise wearing Ray Bans.
Now, If Rick did that tank... impressive. It´s like employing Da Vinci to replace your roof.

PS: I know Maverick (Tom Cruise) was an F-14 Tomcat pilot, and a reference to John Travolta in Broken Arrow would have been a lot more accurate, but I would be far off topic. :wink: :mrgreen:

Back