JC "Mean Green" Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well as always I have too many builds going on....but hey its fun.

along with the Rick-Shaw being mocked up, I was also able to strip down the 62 JC Higgins I picked up a while ago and get it ready for paint

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

Todays colour is "House of Color" Pearl green. I was able to lay down the base,colour and clear coat by the end of the day

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

once the clear has dried I will take some pictures in the sun for you all.

I have a cool Rat Fink seat, springers and a set of 24"coasters with white walls all still to come :mrgreen: :D

Yea, that's a very nice color, and a great looking frame, very cool shape and stance to it....

Firewalker- I feel it is time to spread some bike karma, or whatever you wanna call it, I have something I bought quite awhile ago, for 1 dollar, at Toy'r's, I will send you these, if you want em, they are just hanging around, waiting for a project, and I saw your frame here and thought of these grips in the garage... Grabbed, took a few pics, here they are, I will send them to you, if you want em, you gotta USE 'EM, it wouldn't be right to resell them, but if you want 'em, send me a PM Or email with your address and I will send them out.... Like I said, I bought them thinking they would be good for a project sometime, even if it's not my own project, and this looks like a good home for them. I have some red ones I have used on another bike, and they are pretty comfy, I also had some yellow ones on an old store-run-lives outside bike I had, they are pretty cool.... here's the pics....
P1010022-1.jpg

P1010025-2.jpg

Here's one more pic of them, so you can see their "hoodiness", they are kind of like old Oakley 3 grips if you remember those...
P1010023.jpg

that is the color im thinking about doing my buildoff bike in.

Ffejtech

I would like to thank you very much for your offer and I'm sure that the "Bike Gods" will smile upon you :D this would be a perfect addition to this build, and I would very much like to have them for this build :D ...... however......

This build will not be staying in the fleet.....most bikes that are being built now will be sold. (except for the odd real cool one :mrgreen: Rick-shaw ) It would not be fair to place such a nice gift on a bike that will not stay :cry:

I am not only teaching my son how to build bikes but how to do a little banking aswell :D. After the sale of this bike we plan on opening a bank account under his name.

thanks again for your very kind offer! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey, that's cool, they will just stay in the garage a little longer, might inspire me to build something that they would fit....

Back