JC Higgins Ladies bike - opinions please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBP

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this 52 JC Higgins bike considered collectable or is it basically a boat anchor?

5Id5L35Gc3Gd3Fe3L9c4a6a9e03842d9016f8.jpg

ratina said:
Not really collectible in the condition its in, but definitely a nice bike to repaint for a girl. I redid basically the same bike for my girlfriend and she loves it.

Thanks Ben! I really need to learn to be more selective when I'm buying bikes. I've got a garage full of "so-so" and "what were you thinking?" bikes. On the bright side... my knowledge base is really growing. The lessons have been painfully expensive though. :shock:

KJV said:
that would make a cool, Military themed cycle.
X2
Most times with girl's bikes the only value there is if it has cool parts or a cool factor about it. A military theme would definitely add a cool factor. A girl's version of this would be SWEET!
1948_Trophy_29.jpg

KJV said:

Great idea Kev! :idea: I already have an olive drab '49 DX that people mistake for an old Army bike. It could be offset by a "ladies" version.

outskirtscustoms said:
KJV said:
X2
Most times with girl's bikes the only value there is if it has cool parts or a cool factor about it. A military theme would definitely add a cool factor. A girl's version of this would be SWEET!

Ahhhh... yes. Thanks for the picture Outskirts! I'm feeling much better about the purchase!

MBP said:
outskirtscustoms said:
KJV said:
X2

Ahhhh... yes. Thanks for the picture Outskirts! I'm feeling much better about the purchase!

Yeah, I've had so many Walmart bikes that I couldn't sell and I throw a bit of olive drab paint on, few little military trinkets, and everybody wants it for $100. Here's one I did a few years back out of a Roadmaster mountain bike. It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint can completely change the look of a bike.

P8300002.jpg

P8300004.jpg

I think the ladies bike is mega cool! Who cares what it's worth? I'm seeing a USO military themed bike!???

Is it collectible? Maybe. Is it cool? Heck yeah. It's got a lot going for it. She's got truss rods, a tank, fat fenders, and a rack.

I'm picking this one up this weekend from my buddy Marty. Very similar bike. I'm hoping this will get her back into riding. Hasn't ridden in years. I'm also hoping she don't want it painted. I think it looks awesome like it is!

roadmaster.jpg

pick said:
I'm picking this one up this weekend from my buddy Marty. Very similar bike. I'm hoping this will get her back into riding. Hasn't ridden in years. I'm also hoping she don't want it painted. I think it looks awesome like it is!

roadmaster.jpg

Thats a Cleveland Welding bike. Probably 46-47. Paint looks great on it!

pick said:

roadmaster.jpg
That is awesome, maybe shine up the chrome and clean it but it's nice the way it is.

Ratina - Love the colors and the star theme. I see you carried it over from the new sprocket. Niiiiiice. Definitely a head turner!! :)

Pick - I echo the comments made by Outskirts and Ratina about your CW. Awesome colors and style. (trade ya... :wink: )

Back