JC higgins colorflow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I've had this old JC Higgins mens colorflow sitting around in my basement for a couple years now and I think it's time to do something with it. It's not in the best condition, the tank is gone... front fender light...gone, the rear fender is hacked... etc.
So here's my question...plan a...Should I seek out a tank and other parts and do a resto? plan b...Rat Rod this Sucker, or plan c ... do a custom the way I want.. Thinking about a candy rootbeer colored frame and fork with lots of chrome and a few white accent pieces... white walls, pinstripping, etc.
I'm thinking "A&W Rootbeer Float" If I could get this thing to smell like ice cream, that would be Awsome.

Do it custom, you'll never find the batwing headlight $$$. Here's a stingray I did in rootbeer/white/chrome, probably my favorite build so far.
IMG_2275.jpg

How does it smell?? The vinyl kinda stinks, I found a brand new-old roll of metalflake vinyl online. You can sniff the seat if you want :lol:

:mrgreen: Well... that sounds like it smells great!... lol. So, in other words.. it does not smell like ice cream. That's kind of a disapointment but, whatever I guess. If I can get my Higgins to smell like vinyl and look half as good as your stingray, I'll be more than happy. Smell ya later! :lol:

mybike1 said:
:mrgreen: Well... that sounds like it smells great!... lol. So, in other words.. it does not smell like ice cream. That's kind of a disapointment but, whatever I guess. If I can get my Higgins to smell like vinyl and look half as good as your stingray, I'll be more than happy. Smell ya later! :lol:
Dude you're a NUT!~ :lol: No wonder you're Markm's friend! :mrgreen:

How about 'Resto-Rod'? I have a JCH that I'm going to fix up, but not try and be factory correct. The missing bits are just too pricey!

JCHigginsyellow.jpg

~Adam

If youy want your bike to smell like root beer, go to your auto parts store and see if they have root beer air freshener. you know those blocks you put under the seat and last forever,cut it up and hide it around your bike or just under the seat. :roll:

I figured out that I'm probably the only person that wants to smell a rootbeer float while looking at my bike. I'm gonna buy some of those rootbeer candle things that Ed suggested and shove them up my nose. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back