JB Weld

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJK

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, the many splendors of JB Weld..
jbweld.net

So.. I would like to know specifically, what if any projects (bike or frame related) that you guys have used this stuff on.

I dont really have ready access to a welder right now. I'm thinking of closing off the upper teardrop on a typical cruiser frame and making it into a quasi- tank. (similar to the offenhauser bike on the front page)
I was considering cutting sheet alum. steel and then Jb Welding it to the tubes to encapsulate the area. I'd then sand it smooth, possibly fill with bondo and then paint.
Considering this is a non stressed area and these parts would be cosmetic, whaddu think 'bout that?
-TJ

it should work fine for that. I used something similar to attach this bottleopener. Here is a pic of the rough shot. I also used it on some fork extensions to cover the transition
DSCF3484.jpg

awesome.
i'll use the JB then if i cannot line up a co-worker to run the bead for me.

The JB Weld should work fine for ya,but beware,you need the patience of a Saint to sand it.It will feather edge real nice.

A follow-up skim coat of bondo or spot putty and you will be golden.

Latest posts

Back