J.C. Higgins owners: what's your seat post size?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ratsters,

I found a website (discount steel) in TX that'll cut any size of steel bar you want for cheap. They could cut me like 2 feet of this for $1o beans. I want to make a laid back seat post for my Higgins, and the ID of the seatpost tube that i come up with is like 13/16"

Here's what I get:
2015goo.jpg

Any of you confirm this size?

Thx

Spin

as i remember your right it is 13/16. oh yea when are we going to see spy photos of your build?

"... when are we going to see spy photos of your build?..."

I should be calling this bike "The Agony and the Ecstasy". Agony becuase it's taking forever to get it together and Ecstasy becuase it's loads of fun doing it.

I'm waiting on the fork, sprocket, crank, chain and stem. Wilson wouldn't sell me the Kruzer King fork direct so i ordered thru Rick at House of Wheels. Wilson just wouldn't sell to House of Wheels direct without checking them out first. They've only been in biz for 35 years for cryin' out loud!!

All the stuff should be coming by the end of the week. I got the 13/16" solid bar and it fit like a glove. When I get the wheels on, I'll see where i want the seat and (hopefully) heat it up a bend up the post.

Spin

Back