I've got alot of...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
schwinnmesa said:
I have a lot of 27" white wall tires.
Yes, you keep taunting us with them!!! :lol: ...I believe what yoothgye is talking about are also called "cave crickets", they are weird looking and jump when you get near them. May be a mid Atlantic thing, had 'em back in Va. too. -Adam

masterpoop63 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
deorman said:
Obsolete and mostly useless :? bits and pieces.
I think we all have those.
i dont :cry: i only have useful and modern crap send me all ur obsolete and useless crap :mrgreen:
send me all your modern and useful crap, I'll trade you....lol

Projects!

Lots of bicycles, a motorcyle, a Roth trike, 2 58 edsels, a 64 Ford truck, a 59 Datsun, 21 Dodge 3 window coupe, both driver Toyotas need work, plumbing, electrical, organizing house and garage, going thru boxes of stuff since we moved in last Feb, 2.25 acres with fruit and nut trees, deck needs rebuilt, still more stuff to move home, my band is gonna start recording soon,kids, and an upright bass I just got needs to be fixed.

That's just off the top of my head.

g-ratter said:
Ideas but not enough money or time.
sounds like me, I got the time and ideas but money is few and far between.

Rustinkerer said:
schwinnmesa said:
I believe what yoothgye is talking about are also called "cave crickets", they are weird looking and jump when you get near them. May be a mid Atlantic thing, had 'em back in Va. too. -Adam

Yes, that is them. First saw them in someone's basement in Chester, VA growing up, but since I've lived in Eastern NC, all my shops have had them, they are fast and jump high making them hard to kill.

cave_cricket.165172622_std.jpg

Great write up on these nasty things...

http://www.asktheexterminator.com/Crick ... kets.shtml

dude those are some creepy looking bugs, almost as much as those house centipedes. and these bad boys will run to you not away from you, very fast too. Also mildly poisonous.
house_centipede_5_800_small.jpg

Those house centipedes are nasty, nasty things. Only ever seen them once in an apartment we once lived in. Thankfully we didn't bring them with us to our first house!

Ok, so, "I've got a lot of...":

Ladies bikes.

And I have a disproportionate number of old bikes to old saddles. I can't seem to get the old springer saddles with the bikes. Is this common????
(I just started this old bike thing a few weeks ago.)

ive got a lot of really clean fender sets,but......i tend to build more fenderless bikes! :shock: ive got monark and shelby deep coved sets,2 pairs of cwc peaked fenders,2 pairs of pre-war elgin peaked fenders,2 or 3 sets of 1950`s j.c.higgins fenders,chrome wald set for flipper bikes and i found another set of peaked fenders last week in a box,that i dont remember buying! :lol: :lol: at least im not a hoarder! :lol:

Tailwinds said:
Those house centipedes are nasty, nasty things. Only ever seen them once in an apartment we once lived in. Thankfully we didn't bring them with us to our first house!

Ok, so, "I've got a lot of...":

Ladies bikes.

And I have a disproportionate number of old bikes to old saddles. I can't seem to get the old springer saddles with the bikes. Is this common????
(I just started this old bike thing a few weeks ago.)

Yeah I always keep my place clean but we had a nasty neighbor that just recently moved out, I freaked the first time I saw one. I got the spray to kill them and it worked great, haven't seen one since. I wish I could move but I'm stuck in a mortgage and owe about twice what the house is worth. but the payments are low.

Old Bike Stuff & Bikes So much I can't remember what all I have.
All I gotta do to get real excited all over again is Go look thru all the File Cabinets & boxes of stuff I already own & have pigon holed & have forgoten about.
Its a sickness we all have & live with.
I think the reason for it all is overcompensation for what I couldn't have as a youth.
The only one telling me nonow is the wife of over 28 years now.... & we all know how well we listen to the wifey LOL.
When you multiply collecting Bikes plus X 10 other different collections that you are interested in & ya end up with a ton of old cool stuff .... now were to put it all lol.

Wingman said:
Old Bike Stuff & Bikes So much I can't remember what all I have.
All I gotta do to get real excited all over again is Go look thru all the File Cabinets & boxes of stuff I already own & have pigon holed & have forgoten about.
Its a sickness we all have & live with.
I think the reason for it all is overcompensation for what I couldn't have as a youth.
The only one telling me nonow is the wife of over 28 years now.... & we all know how well we listen to the wifey LOL.
When you multiply collecting Bikes plus X 10 other different collections that you are interested in & ya end up with a ton of old cool stuff .... now were to put it all lol.

Well I don't know If I'm trying to compensate for what I didn't have as a kid. I've always had a bunch of bikes, I was known as the bike kid when I was 7 and now just grew up into the bike guy. I worked on bikes, hoarded bikes, collected every bike and part I could lay hands on, traded work for bikes, then I'd stuff them all in my garage, shed, or bedroom....lol. Mom loved that last one.....lol. Now I just got a shed but all those years of hoarding have taught me how to use space efficiently. I guess I just never out grew it. There's even still a few bike parts under the bed....lol. :mrgreen: :oops:

Valve caps, all sorts just kept saving them and buying special ones....

Other cool stuff collections. I really need to sell stuff off to support my bad building habits.

Latest posts

Back