It's mine! all mine! BWAA HA HA HA!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started out originally trying to get this bike:
CIMG0286.jpg

CIMG0285.jpg

CIMG0284.jpg

CIMG0283.jpg

I waited a year, and reiterated my request. He declined to sell. After talking with him for a bit, he asked if I would like to see his collection? Oh yes! So he shows me his bikes, and casually mentions that this next one is for sale. Drool, drool. After cleaning up my mess, I go and talk to my social advisor, and am given permission to "go for it" YIPPEE!!! So here is my "New" toy:
IMG_0176.jpg

It's a replica (inserted for all the purists), but I don't care! I finally have one! Whoo Hoo!! My friend and I decided to ride out to Mc D's for ice cream to celebrate the first ride of the temporary high-wheel club of town. And you will be pleased to know that it only took me five pile-ups to re-learn how to get on and off the darn thing! (which I did before I told him I had bought it.)

Walker said:
WOW, the Elgin is awesome, as is the highwheeler.
Yes it is. He said that the fenders and rims were not original to the bike, I told him I didn't care. That bike is a excellent survivor. It still has cloth covered wiring, and they remembered to take the batteries out. The inside of the tank is spotless! I can only hope he will remember me if and when he gets ready to sell.

Back