Is this anygood

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on the net, I dont usually like this style bike but its a pretty cool looking thing! they want $300 aussie for it, its assembled but ridden in the lounge room so almost brand spanker...... im thinking it could be a good buy n hold .... any thoughts! it may be worth something when im dead and the son is 80 yrs old ha ha ha !
I know in the states these are a dime a dozen but ive not seen too many here in australia! its pretty cool and would suit the young bloke when the mrs n me go riding! what I mean is the styled stingray bike will match ours, as in cruisers! ive also owned nothing but junk in bicycles so a nice almost new retro bike would be well looked after, $300 aussie equates to about $225 US dollar

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 7.49.51 am.png

The are best used for cutting up and making something cool with. While there is a very small following that keeps up a somewhat healthy market for their parts, don't hold your breath on them increasing in value. There were soooooooo many of them produced, I don't see them ever having any true collectable value. I've never paid more than $25 for one.

Because it is a kids bike, and kids bikes usually get beat the snot out of them, it might be worth a few bucks if you keep it under wraps & don’t let anybody touch it.

I am no connoisseur of bicycles, but in the old car business they say that any old car is worth money if it’s nice enough.

Cars that were considered very out of style or under powered in their day can still be desirable vehicles if they are show room clean.

Because it is a kids bike, and kids bikes usually get beat the snot out of them, it might be worth a few bucks if you keep it under wraps & don’t let anybody touch it.

I am no connoisseur of bicycles, but in the old car business they say that any old car is worth money if it’s nice enough.

Cars that were considered very out of style or under powered in their day can still be desirable vehicles if they are show room clean.
Thats where I was coming from to, its in new condition, and as with Jai, we always pay tons more for the simple things! and to be fair it would never fetch a handsome amount unless owned by Elvis or similar! but ..... ya know I dont mind the look of the thing at all ha ha ha ! if I were to buy that I would probably put an even wider tyre on the back 240-250mm, electrify it..and....Hmmmmmmmmmm!!

I have never even seen one of these complete in person, but I bought three sets of front forks and trees on the Internet as part of a package deal to get some other parts.

The triple trees are not very sturdy. They are child bike quality IMO. The fork legs seemed fine except for all of the silly decals. Those took a long time with the heat gun to remove.

There is evidently and early style triple tree and a late style triple tree, and I received examples of both. Of the two styles your bike has the style that I think is less sturdy but it has the nicer billet handlebar risers.

The fork legs have brake mounting studs similar to yours in two cases, but the third case did not have front brakes from the factory.

Few of those here in NZ mostly around $250-300 mark and not in mint condition, there lots of BigMo choppers which are similar but have round tube chain/seatstays they usually got for $150-200 again usual mint condition, they don't sell well here,I have 2 of them 1 I swapped a budget MTB for which got cut up and stretched which is my "lockdown" build on here and a nice gunmetal colour "dub" branded one that I put tall apes and a 29er front wheel on which I got for nothing but did come as a box of parts, if I were you I would keep it mint and unchanged in that condition for the price asked but yer long term it's not gonna pay dividends

Latest posts

Back