is this a 24 or 26" cruiser? help identify.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had this sweet little number show up at the door today. it has some issues, somebody cut notches in the frame to allow an in correct crank to spin freely (crank has since been replaced) and the fork are anything but straight.
IMG_4539.jpg

it rides on 24's. one old, one newer sporting some cool old uniroyal chain tires (untied states rubber company) 24x2.125
IMG_4547-1.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

there seems alot of extra room for tires/rims, but this frame is very small.
IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

do ya think it was a really small 26" bike?

also what do ya think it is? (figured you guys south of the boarder would have a better idea since everything is made in the U.S.A.
excel pedals (although i don't think the crank is original due to the damage to the frame) theres no reason for it since this crank is not obstructed by the frame.
IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

has some nice detailing on the fenders and neck.
IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4548-1.jpg

so what do ya think? 24 or 26? how old and what make?
thx guys/gals

Looking at the gaps between the tires and the fenders, it looks like 24" wheels on a 26" frame. Either way, nice bike!

nice bike. i agree it looks like 24"s on a 26" frame. it might not take monster 2.125s, but i bet at least some 1.75s or 1.95s will tuck in there nicely.

by the way, your front forks are bent back a little. and good luck with those cottered 3pc cranks. i always keep extra cotter pins around for mine.

those bent forks were the first thing to go. :)
IMG_4581_2.jpg

i removed the fender and went back to the 24s. even though the 26's fit perfectly, they dont allow much room for peddling. (and the new forks moved the front axle 2" forward)
IMG_4583.jpg

destiny build thread
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15265

Locolowriders3066 said:
icyuod2 said:
thx, but it looks alittle more like this now. :)
IMG_4587.jpg

i gotta be honest mate ...
i think i like the other look u had
i think i like the seat, but the bars shooda stayed :)

This new look is great. Those are the bars I woulda went with as well

i couldn't be happier with the build.

gonna bend the forks alittle more, clean it up and it will be ready for paint.
i have alot of bike with apes, only one like this.

I love the handlebars you went with. As soon as I saw the first photo of all, with the 24" tires and all that space between them and the fenders, I thought...it's begging for SUPER CHUBBY TIRES! :D

Where did you get those tan rubber grips? I like 'em.

they came from an old $10 raleigh 3 speed i picked up last year for a sturmey rear hub.
not bad shape for there age.
IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4635-1.jpg

Aww, everybody's cool grips always come from mysterious inimitable sources. :lol:

Back