Is It Rare?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1971 black 3 speed Schwinn Breeze and I was wondering if it is rare in this color. Condition of the bicycle is maybe a 5-7 out of 10.Well I want to know if it is considered rare because I have always wanted to customize one of these and this would be a good candidate.Any help is greatly appreciated.

19jaquez84 said:
I have a 1971 black 3 speed Schwinn Breeze and I was wondering if it is rare in this color. Condition of the bicycle is maybe a 5-7 out of 10.Well I want to know if it is considered rare because I have always wanted to customize one of these and this would be a good candidate.Any help is greatly appreciated.

You might want to ask over at The Cabe" too.

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/content.php

I had a black Breeze once. It was a coaster model and it was the hardest peddaling bike I ever rode. New grease, tires aired up and it was still a bear to pedal. I sold it to the girl who carried our mail...she had the legs for it! I wouldn't say rare, but I'd say "scarce". Gary

Love the black Schwinns. I would just say it's much more common for the ladies bikes to be in the fashionable colors of the year offered.

You find tons of them in blue, or yellow, or Sierra or Chestnut brown metallics, as well as Campus Green throughout production.

Bright red ones, and black ones, and some of the other color combos seem to come up much less often. '71 might just be the last year black was offered on a ladies model. I'd have to look that up in the brochure pages.

Definitely a regular option though, as this 1970 catalog shows:

http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1961_1970/1970_18.html

Nice thing is it's a very easy paint color to match. Far easier than their candy colors to restore.

Restore it, ride it, enjoy it.

--Rob

Back