Is EVERYBODY Stumped Over This?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted about this a few days ago in "bike talk" but got no answers. I also posted this to 2 other bike sites and still no one has a clue about the Woodward tryke. I have found nothing at all on the web either. Somebody has to know something. Please help me if you can.

zwdw.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
Do you have any pics of where the rear end mounts to the bike frame? A couple more shot of the bike would help as well- rear drop outs, front sprocket, serial numbers, frame joints...

These few picts can make all the difference. i am going to be as bold as to say that woodward may be a generic name and the trike actually built by someone else. Frame structure looks similar to the Open Road frame built by Huffy in the early 80's. yours looks mid to late 70's, but thats just an educated guess.

How about some close ups of the chain ring? Maybe a serial number?? If you can get a better shot of that head badge, that might help. I'm with you man, it is sometimes hard to ID an odd bike. My wife has a Coast to Coast ladies 3 speed.....and figuring out the when and where stuff has been challenging...hang in there...

Woodward would make me think it was English made possibly. Believe it or not, I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM as you do...

DSCN3479.jpg

DSCN3477.jpg

Nobody can tell me what this thing is either. It looks to be a late 70's to early 70's 20" folding trike (based on mere deductions)... and thats where I get stumped. 3 piece cranks, like yours, and the handle bars and front forks are wrong so as far as I guessed was a Worksman (?) or a Kent (???). At least you got a name to work with. I've almost given up myself, but keeping my eyes open to see anything to comppare it to.

Good Luck!

wheelhorseman said:
I gave up on it. Wasnt worth the effort. I am not gonna buy it since it might be a dud if something tears up.

Repair parts or it and other bikes and trikes oughtta be somewhat universal. Even the tricycle rearend components may be tricky (i.e. axel bearings) but those too should be able to be found. Sometimes not knowing exactly what it is can be half the fun of owning it. :mrgreen:

Sure looks European and 60's with the cottered crank, fancy badge, frame lugs and chrome fork crown. It's a neat bike but may not have much collector value. "Woodward" may be on the bike but we know that doen't necessarily mean that's the brand or manufacturer which no doubt would increase the difficulty in finding out who made it.

Bikes are just nuts and bolts, I'm sure parts are out there that interchange easily enough.

I have had a few Woodward 3 wheelers through the years.The oldest one I had looked to be early sixties with a cottered crank and lugged frame. The newest one looked to be mid seventies with a lugged frame and cottered cranks but only had the single down tube.They didn't change much throughout the years.Pretty solid bike as a three wheeler goes. The one in your photo looks to be in in good shape and if you can get it for a good price-go for it.I used a dubble-bar frame Woodward for a parts hauler at swap meets for years.They usually have very cool head badges too :wink: -Took of and saved all the ones that I had.
-Kreep-

roadmaster said:
Woodward would make me think it was English made possibly. Believe it or not, I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM as you do...

DSCN3479.jpg

DSCN3477.jpg

Nobody can tell me what this thing is either. It looks to be a late 70's to early 70's 20" folding trike (based on mere deductions)... and thats where I get stumped. 3 piece cranks, like yours, and the handle bars and front forks are wrong so as far as I guessed was a Worksman (?) or a Kent (???). At least you got a name to work with. I've almost given up myself, but keeping my eyes open to see anything to comppare it to.

Good Luck!

It looks like an Executive. But I think Executive was a rebrand. But I've definitely seen an Executive folding bike with the same oversized head tube and same chainwheel pattern.

mos6502 said:
roadmaster said:

DSCN3479.jpg

DSCN3477.jpg

Good Luck!

It looks like an Executive. But I think Executive was a rebrand. But I've definitely seen an Executive folding bike with the same oversized head tube and same chainwheel pattern.

Good lookin out, my friend! I will have to check into that, but thanks. :mrgreen:

i believe your trike is a trike made by royal enfield of england, they made lots of trikes in the early sixties under various names i have a picture of a friend of mines trike i cleaned up for his wife last year
122_0569.jpg
this one has the single bar for an older person to walk thru rather than the two bar like yours.

Latest posts

Back