iRide's new vintage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you might have seen this thread on another forum but for those of you who have not...

It's been a while since I have made a "kustom" bike and I got the urge the other day. Here's the new one I am working on for my brother as a gift. He was once a pretty good AHRMA racer (second in the nation in his class until a gnarly crash in California ended his season) and his dream bike is a '74 Falta red frame CZ.

http://www.theowencollection.com/images ... 4CZ400.gif

Here's a preview of the VERY ROUGH, very early stages of the build. It needs to be tweaked a bit.

HPIM0737.jpg

HPIM0738.jpg

HPIM0735.jpg

Here is an update...sorry for the poor quality pics.......

As I was saying before, the pictures you saw were very early in the design process. I played around for a while in the shop today and made a few tweaks to the look of the bike. It's slowly coming together more like I wanted. I am still up in the air about the phaux exhaust but I think it needs to be there to complete the theme. I only made some very subtle changes like adding about an inch or so to the fork, re-designing the rear fender skirt, raising the rear of the tank and swapping out the front fender for a little beefier one. Such small changes make such a huge change IMO.

HPIM0747.jpg

HPIM0749.jpg

HPIM0759.jpg

HPIM0753.jpg

cool!! Could you make a kickstand that looks like an exhaust when its up??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Beautiful work as always Dan. I have been wondering what you have been up to lately. I haven't seen you on here in a while and since CBN has been having all it's issues, could not find anything new.

What was the last bike you did before this one?

62H (HeavyMetal7speed on CBN)

Thanks guys!

For a kickstand, I think I am going to make it a 2 piece exhaust that will house a rod that will be the kickstand. Just pull off the "silencer", take out the stand when not rinding and when riding it will be stowed in the exhaust pipe. Even though I have only been playing with this bike for about 3 "shop" days, I am getting attached to it and I may have a hard time giving it away.

HevayMetal,

I've been around but I have been building mountain bikes. Here's a link to my alternate life.... http://arider.pinkbike.com/ Look in the Rancidbikes 28Days folder, you can see some kustom influences in some of the paint jobs.

I can't even remember what my last custom was. I think it was the Starto Cruiser....wait a minute, it was the Vintage Board Racer with the little chinese 2 stroke. Here's a link to the thread... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8054&p=83087&hilit=iride+board+racer#p83087

After that, I built a "real" motorcycle. It's a 1972 Honda SL 100. Here's a link to that... http://www.thechopperunderground.com/fo ... 1065&st=25

At the end of the thread is a few link to some crappy YouTube video of it in action.

Hi Nice build as ussual. I've been wondering what you've been up to lately. Justin in Woodburn

jre0123 said:
Hi Nice build as ussual. I've been wondering what you've been up to lately. Justin in Woodburn

Hey Justin! Been busy building mountain bikes. Taking a break from them to build this.

Ok, for those of you who migh be interested, here are some udated and detail pics of the CZ Falta red frame works bike replica thingamajigger.....

Today I got both fenders mounted and played with the new number plates. I am still waiting on some of the parts. I have a new seat and a new set of bars coming...oh, I have to buy a new stem and some more of that beefy chain too.

HPIM0763.jpg

HPIM0775.jpg

HPIM0779.jpg

Nice cardboard and tape look... :D

Just kidding, looks like its gonna be a realy cool bike!

Thanks! The tank is done and I have started the arduous task of painting it! Should be soon that it will be done. Still waiting on tank graphics and some other misc. parts.

HPIM0810.jpg

The tank will have a leather belt that will be similar to the one on the motorcycle. The one on the motorcycle actually holds the tank on, the one on this bike is just for looks.

HPIM0805.jpg

Back