Iowa NEWB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I am in East Central Iowa and it turns out I am only a half hour from Hooch. I got turned onto bikes when a buddy of mine who happens to be a bike nut gave me a '56 Schwinn Spitfire. He was downsizing his inventory and decided to get rid of the Schwinn. He just insn't really into Schwinn's. Anyway, he know I would take care of and appreciate this nice old bike. I did and it seemed to have started a little hobby of mine. I don't have a "ton" of bikes but I for sure have more than my wife cares for. Like I said, I have that Spitfire.I have a few road bikes of the '80's vintage. Got a few a vintage Schwinn kids bikes(lil tiger type stuff) and a Scrambler that I have not gotten around to dating yet. Couple older mountain bikes that I keep around. I have a couple Black Friday Krates. I also have a 24" Schwinn Typhoon that I am in the middle of Ratting out. So far it is just taken apart and most of the paint removed. I call it my Slow Motion project because it is taking me so long to make any progress. The reason it takes me forever to complete anything is because I have so many things going on at the same time. For example...RIght now I am working on the rat bike project, converting my motorcycle into a wannabe streetfighter, getting a road bike ready to ride on RAGBRAI, various projects on my "Honeydo" list around the house, keeping wife happy and raising a 20 month old boy. I have a full plate most of the time.
I have been lurking off and on for awhile and thought I would finally join up. I hope to learn a few things and maybe contribute a bit as well one day. Nice to meet ya'll and I'll see ya 'round.
Paul

welcome !!! your not alone my friend, 2 jobs, kid due in july, remodeling the house, backlogged "honeydo" list and several project bikes in various stages of completion.... unfortunately im in the process of slimming down the bike pile but only to make room for the stuff ill actually get done :mrgreen:

WELCOME!

Back