Indiana Swap Meet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for this show it isn't the best Swap but it is the first one of the year and Im ready to get the bike season started again

i live in decatur il and me and a buddy are thinking about drivin over there is it worth it? its about 2 and a half hours away. we never been to a bike show and were dying to come see what its all about. weve been to every big carshow and truck shows all over but no bike shows and are starting to build bikes in are spare time. would love to see a big ...... show but not much selection around us if there is please tell me. but more info on this show would be awsome thanx

trent oros said:
i live in decatur il and me and a buddy are thinking about drivin over there is it worth it? its about 2 and a half hours away. we never been to a bike show and were dying to come see what its all about. weve been to every big carshow and truck shows all over but no bike shows and are starting to build bikes in are spare time. would love to see a big beep show but not much selection around us if there is please tell me. but more info on this show would be awsome thanx
It's a little over 2 and a half hour drive for me too & I go every year as long as the weather is good. The show area is pretty small but it's worth going just for the swap meet to by parts. It's worth the drive.

This show isn't a gigantic one but it's still a nice show. I went last year and found everything I was looking for plus some for a good price so in my honest opinion it's worth it. If you guys are from Decatur you are only a hop, skip and a jump from Portland. In July they have a vintage motorbike show there (cushman, vespa, etc.) However there is always a crap ton of bicycle stuff because the two are kinda linked lol. Anyway that show is the deep swap meet you talk about wanting to attend. It took me and my dad about 3 or 4 hours to walk it and that wasn't even looking at everything.

sweet thanx guys we wil be there. ive heard about the scooter show a friend of ours bought a simplex there it was ...... il chek it out also

i'm about an hour away. really looking forward to it.would love to take a couple bikes down and try to sell or trade for another project.

anyone thats going to the swap meet interested in any trades? i'm looking for a pre 30's bike really wanting something with wood wheels. gotta 36 schwinn and a 55 hawthorne for trade. thanks

There's a guy from Anderson that was at the Lebanon 50's show in the fall that I bet will be there. He had a nice collection of wooden wheel bikes. I'm guessing he'll be there this time and might be able to help you out....

Back