IN CASE YOU PASS ONE UP...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i picked up a green one last year for $20.00 took about an hour to clean up and it fetched $200.00 on the bay. went to san francisco, and the lady who bought it said they were going for double out in her area, crazy because they seam to be popping up everywhere lately

I really don't understand it myself either....I guess it's the female equivalent of owning a Krate or a Sting-Ray.

If they went to a bike shop and saw that they could pick out a really sweet new Electra cruiser with a 3 spd Nexus for the same money I wonder if they still pick the old Schwinn.

I guess the nostalgia factor plays a part, but man....the prices are getting steep on Ebay for these bikes.

Hope I stumble onto a bunch of them. :lol:

That price seems insane given how hard it is to sell a '60's Hollywood or Fairlady for even $100. I don't see a shortage of those bikes like you do with the Stingrays and Krates. Nor do they have any special features like those bikes.
Very curious.

well, i can see the interest but i cant support the price, i dont think that color blue was around for too many years or on too many bike models, still thats insane !!!

I'm thinking it's the whole "Cycle Chic" fad that's driving up the prices of this type of bike. The Dutch style, city bike etc as a fashion accessory thing is really taking off around here.

-Mp

I work in SF and let me tell you, there are bikes everywhere. I see plenty of "vintage" Schwinns and all type of fixies out there. I even see a few old beat up cruisers around. Nothing too expensive, but ratty.

SF is a bike theif's paradise!

brentville said:
That price seems insane given how hard it is to sell a '60's Hollywood or Fairlady for even $100. I don't see a shortage of those bikes like you do with the Stingrays and Krates. Nor do they have any special features like those bikes.
Very curious.
I bought this for $10 and sold it for $40...
IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

Now I wonder what this is worth....???
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

:?: :?:

The 2 hottest womens bikes I am selling right now are the Schwinn Breeze and the Columbia Sports, They are good looking, ladies remember them, they are a very simple and indestructive 3 spd. Most women don't want derailleurs but want more than one speed. I too don't see that kind of value (that is why eBay is so great), BUT HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS RIDDEN ONE OF THESE, THEY HAVE TO BE THE MOST COMFORTABLE RIDING BIKE MADE & EASY STEP THRU DESIGN. everytime I sell one I pray I get another so I can take it for a spin.
In my area I list these for $75.-$85., and they sell quick with no haggling

I agree that the ladies cruisers, with a basket or 3 speed have usually sold pretty quickly. But for me they go in the $60-$100 range. Which seems about right to me.

There is a Sonic Flite on CL right now in St Louis that I saw for $75 with a basket in nice shape. And a Fairlady in decent shape with the solo polo seat for $250. Whether they'll sell for those prices....cause I'm not selling anything and it's about to cause me to start listing on ebay again and deal with shipping!

I first noticed this trend four years ago, when I first got into ebay, and back into bikes! I wanted to find 3 speed gear for my Corvette, and thought I could get most of the parts from a Breeze. Then I noticed what they're selling for! (later I would realize the different calipers, etc.) But only Breezes, JCH Colorflows, and any deluxe springer bikes, those seem to be the only ladies bikes that sell for big $. I sold a minty Western Flyer 24" on the bay, only 1 bid, a mere $25. Then a nice roadmaster with sweet blackwall Goodyear G-3's, 1 bid, $45. At that point, I realized ladies' bikes were more valuable as parts than to sell. ~Adam

COOL! I've got three:
IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Actually, that last one had been parted out...But I still like the looks of it...

The first one posted is in my home town. I probably skipped right past it for a cheaper price on cL. I never find breezes but if I do Ill snatch it up with a quickness.

Back