In A Selling And Buying Slump.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My luck lately with both buying and selling here has been worse than terrible. Not getting any calls to pick up used and old bikes and NONE when it comes to ones i am trying to sell. I think my prices are very cheap compared to everybody else in my area. Here are a couple of examples.

Murray muscle bike is very sharp. Had it at 60.00 with no interest for weeks. Lowered to 50.00 and still nothing. I have advertised them every way i know how in a 200 mile radius. Asking 100 for the chopper. They are bringing 200 plus on ebay for nice ones but i cant give mine away. The mountain bike is basically NOS and flawless. Got it at 40 no interest at all. Junky mtn bikes here are priced at 50 minimum.

za27-1.jpg

za22-2.jpg

za19.jpg

I have tried to sell my stuff where I live on CL for over a year and even gone down in a price but also there seems to be some jerks here in Florida because as soon as I put what I have on CL that I have never seen before in the years of searching there someone else comes up with the same thing while purposely puts the price lower than mine.

If I finally sold mine I can start buying stuff from here or some other places I know.

I've certainly been in a buying slump lately. My problem is either I can't find what I am looking for or when it does pop up on CL or Ebay, the person thinks they are on American Pickers and wants some crazy price. I am hoping to find a few things at the Memory Lane show next week. I'd love to find a nice boys Firestone ballooner tank bike!

I was in a buying slump till today an the perfect bike at the perfect price just popped up thanks Wheelhorse

That Murray is sweet! It is the end of the season, so that's probably a big reason.

I had the same murray baja, I mean identical in every way. I picked it up for free, listed it for $10 for weeks with no interest. So I tore it apart for custom stuff. The bearings and a few other parts are worth $10 to me. These must be a hard sell.

A Murray Baja for $10 if it was on CL here in Fl I would been all over it and I haven't seen one for less than $150 and the most was around $300.

Heres what i dont get. I cant sell good bikes for next to nothing but here is a sample of my local (or every} CL bike section....

2010 Specialized Single Speed Steel Langster (XXL) - $500 (Five Forks - Greenville) pic bicycles - by owner

Gary Fisher Sugar 4 Mountain bike cash or trade - $600 (Duncan) pic bicycles - by owner

2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon Large - $2900 (North Raleigh) pic img bicycles - by owner

2012 Cervelo P2 TT/Tri Bike 56cm (Georgeous) - $1775 (Easley) pic img bicycles - by owner

2011 Trek/Gary Fisher Marlin Single Speed 29er (XL) - $275 (Easley) pic img bicycles - by owner

Who is out there buying these things AND who is selling them??? You never see a true "cyclist" on the road here at all and rarely do you see anyone on a bike at all unless you may randomly see someone at the grocery store or riding on the sidewalk. Where are all these high dollar bike people at. I have never seen one.

Back