im not dead! 49 schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been keeping an eye on all you guys and ladies on here i havent had much to post since i finshed the salt shaker and pepsi bike ,
my 49 schwinn last memorial day while riding the rear hub was finally getting on its last legs . the front hub axle was stripped from long ago and other axles wouldnt work in it , always used a wheel from another bicycle ,
since im so crazy about keeping these rims i was just going to get new hubs but my friend took the rear apart cleaned it up and it works , so thats a major plus .

ill be slowly working on the bike bc $ isnt here nova has been a bad girl lately ,.
what i need are
fender struts
paint
tires - which i hope they still make ! the brown with white walls , quick bricks .
everything i pretty much have .
a springer would b awesome haha

heres a pic of the bike on the last day i rode it :(
919298636_tuLwp-L.jpg

i picked up hand grips for it i love em !
1161632457_7C8N5-L.jpg

so as soon as i get a few more things there will be a build thread on it :)
has anyone ever bought from memory lane classics? if so how was there service

MLC is good, Anymore i just get spokes from them, theres been a couple times i've been shorted a spoke in the past, but 1 easy phone call and they've always righted the wrong in a hurry without even questioning.

CCR said:
MLC is good, Anymore i just get spokes from them, theres been a couple times i've been shorted a spoke in the past, but 1 easy phone call and they've always righted the wrong in a hurry without even questioning.
awesome thanks ! ill be ordering the fender struts and the guts for the tank for them in the future

Hi Jen If this one turns out like Salt Shaker it will be off the chart. Whats up with the bad girl Nova? Black primer and rallies is so nice!I have a 69 Chevelle drop top 350 4speed triple black. Nikki loves to cruise in it. Maybe we could have all members show pics of there hot rods?Only in one thread ....Loren

FatRat said:
Hi Jen If this one turns out like Salt Shaker it will be off the chart. Whats up with the bad girl Nova? Black primer and rallies is so nice!I have a 69 Chevelle drop top 350 4speed triple black. Nikki loves to cruise in it. Maybe we could have all members show pics of there hot rods?Only in one thread ....Loren
the nova was a gad girl over the summer loss of oil presure etc , bought a spare engine for it , winter came and up goes the oil pressure and she runs better .. go figure so i have one just in case , and then a shity starter from autozone ate my ring gear up on my flywheel .. had to replace the flywheel ... THEN next week after that a belt went in my front tire talk about a wobbley drive . so had to dish out $$ for new tires .. still gotta get it aligned ..
thats my bad girl nova in the last few months .

theres a thread started up on members rides in the "other talk" section check it out theres some awsome rides !

Hey Jenn,

Are you coming up to the Hot Rod Revival sponsored Kustom Art Show in Middletown, CT the first weekend of March? I want to contact Bandit and see if he would like to show the bike of mine he pinstriped and my "Atomic Snake" build. Whaddya think?

Joe

yeshoney said:
Hey Jenn,

Are you coming up to the Hot Rod Revival sponsored Kustom Art Show in Middletown, CT the first weekend of March? I want to contact Bandit and see if he would like to show the bike of mine he pinstriped and my "Atomic Snake" build. Whaddya think?

Joe
ill have art in that show!!!!!!!!!! ya i should be coming up there actually thought about hitting you up and seeing if you were going to , think me and jer will bring our bicycles up

Well keep in touch. i asked Charlie if i could show my bike, but he said "the pattern is full ghost rider". LOL he isn't doing any striping there either. I will throw my bike int he van and we can go for a cruise if the weather permits. Keep in touch. . lets hope some of this snow melts soon!

Joe

HotRodJen said:
yeshoney said:
Hey Jenn,

Joe
ill have art in that show!!!!!!!!!! ya i should be coming up there actually thought about hitting you up and seeing if you were going to , think me and jer will bring our bicycles up

yeshoney said:
Well keep in touch. i asked Charlie if i could show my bike, but he said "the pattern is full ghost rider". LOL he isn't doing any striping there either. I will throw my bike int he van and we can go for a cruise if the weather permits. Keep in touch. My cell is 860-690-2162. lets hope some of this snow melts soon!

Joe

HotRodJen said:
yeshoney said:
Hey Jenn,

Joe
ill be up there for saturday too maybe i can get some riding in there in the after noon or something ,
riding in the snow is so much fun !!!!!!! lol

Back