I'll never forget my first!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sort of finished with my first project bike. It actually came out pretty good I think. Its a 79 Schwinn Heavy-duti I saved from the dump. The only new parts are the rims and tires i picked up off the Bike Island website. I'm sure I'm not done yet. I'd like to add a springer or triple tree fork if I can find one reasonably priced. A special thanks to October for the tutorial on re-covering seats. I found the red sparkle at a local fabric store and was amazed with the results. I'd really appreciate any comments or suggestions you guys have. Thanks for looking.

282.jpg

284.jpg

nice update to the bike. Great job on the seat. I tried a similar seat with some vinyl and failed miserably.

sundevil91 said:
A special thanks to October for the tutorial on re-covering seats. I found the red sparkle at a local fabric store and was amazed with the results.

thanks!

great job on that seat!
i'm glad that info has been useful... :lol:

oct.

VERY NICE!.....Classic "rat" look. I'm impressed with the seat, might even give one a shot myself, 8) now.

Very tidy ride man, great job. Is your lawn astro turf ?! :lol:

BASTY 76 said:

No, its not astroturf. I just happened to mow it the day I took the picture. The secret's in the power reel mower I picked up at Goodwill for $40 on one of my bike hunting trips. Thanks for noticing! :D

sundevil91 said:
BASTY 76 said:

No, its not astroturf. I just happened to mow it the day I took the picture. The secret's in the power reel mower I picked up at Goodwill for $40 on one of my bike hunting trips. Thanks for noticing! :D

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: Invisibletouch started it, I just thought we might get a gardening thread going. :lol: ( well I thought it was funny. :roll:

Man oh man you guys are a scream :!: :lol: Try to start a gardening thread (just kidding around of corse) and now we're shaving baby big foot butts :?: :?: :?: :lol: :shock: . Who thinks we should get back in the workshop with these over creative minds :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You say you got the wheels from Bike Island, but I can't find them on the site. What's the name of them and about how much for a set? You guys know of any other sites that sell these wheels? Thanks for the help fellas! :mrgreen:

Back