If you had $100,000 what would you drive?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bikebuilder said:
Baron von Zach said:
100k are gone like poof if you want a custom Merc.

It will probably never happen, but I could do it for $10k.
I just did a quick search on my local classifieds and found a..
51 caddy for $1500
50 ford for $1500
50 merc for $3000
50 merc for $6000
51 merc already chopped for $5500
Already being chopped kind-of ruins it for me. I would want to do the chop myself...well all the work really but I have always wanted to chop something.

Some are field cars, at least one of them is a daily driver.

That's a good deal, Especially if all the glass is already cut down. I understand wanting to do it yourself though. If I had $100K to build a car I'd probably go for something off the wall to begin with. Like say a '59 Caddy Hearse, then customize to the max with a chop top, ghost flame paint job, tint the chrome for that stealth look, and slam it to the ground.

1954_Ford_Atmos.jpg

1954 Ford Atmos. (they never really made these, and if they did it'd cost more than 100K, but heck, I can dream.)

JWM

I LIKE this! Company called n2a (no two alike), makes it. It's called a 789. Front clip modeled after a 57 Chevy. Mid section after a 58 Chevy. Rear after a 59..Thus a 789. It's based on a new Corvette platform........$135,000
It has a thin layer of fiberglass, for the top layer, then reinforced with carbon fiber.
n2a789_02.jpg

n2a789_05.jpg

i would drive this one.

Smart Roadster V6 Bi-turbo. I used to own the RCR version, which looks pretty much identical to the Bi-Turbo but nowhere in the same league power-wise

A40337_b.jpg

I have to agree with big john. To drive debt free...

However I think it would be hilarious to buy a chevy volt, put a coal burning electric generator in the trunk (safely if possible) or put it right on back; keep a back seat full of coal and only drive on the electricity generated by what the car could produce it's self.

What a conversation peice that would be...

Now that I think of it I'd probably have multiple cheaper cars in pristine condition. Like a Gremlin X, a Mustang Fastback, few rat rods, VW split window, a Karmann Ghia, and something ridiculously devious like a Dodge Diplomat with a 426 HEMI with twin turbos and NOS :mrgreen: .

Peatbog said:
bikebuilder said:
However I think it would be hilarious to buy a chevy volt, ...

Why? Just wait about a year. Someone will probably give you one. Just sayin'...

If you are "just sayin" 'cause it's junk...then even better...coal burning smoke billowing electric car that doesn't even drive. :D

I hope you are not "just sayin" for any other reason. That is as far as I am willing to go with this topic.

TheFlyingDingo said:
In my opinion those smart cars hold up astoundingly well for what it is.

As long as you remember what it is....(A glorified golf cart). :lol: I like a car with some structure and steel to it like they made in the '50's. Just a few examples of common cars you could potentially hit.
Smart vs. Smart = survivable but both cars need repair.
Smart vs. Dodge Neon = survivable but car needs extensive and expensive repair.
Smart vs. Toyota Camry = survivable with injuries probably totaled.
Smart vs. S-10 = survivable with injuries TOTALED
Smart vs. Dodge Ram = Serious injury or death. TOTALED
Smart vs. Semi = Human pinball. You MIGHT find pieces.

'50's car vs. Smart = no injury, laugh, drive home
'50's car vs. Dodge Neon = no injury, replace a headlight then drive home
'50's car vs. Toyota Camry = possible injury, maybe replace a radiator and a few dents
'50's car vs. S-10 = possible injury, Some body damage, repairable
'50's car vs. Dodge Ram = Possible Serious injury Serious body damage but may be fixable.
'50's car vs. Semi = Serious injury probably totaled.

'50's car vs. Toyota Camry = possible injury, maybe replace a radiator and a few dents
'50's car vs. Dodge Ram = Possible Serious injury Serious body damage but may be fixable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF6JUB7bCEk

outskirtscustoms said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
In my opinion those smart cars hold up astoundingly well for what it is.

As long as you remember what it is....(A glorified golf cart). :lol: I like a car with some structure and steel to it like they made in the '50's. Just a few examples of common cars you could potentially hit.
Smart vs. Smart = survivable but both cars need repair.
Smart vs. Dodge Neon = survivable but car needs extensive and expensive repair.
Smart vs. Toyota Camry = survivable with injuries probably totaled.
Smart vs. S-10 = survivable with injuries TOTALED
Smart vs. Dodge Ram = Serious injury or death. TOTALED
Smart vs. Semi = Human pinball. You MIGHT find pieces.

I think you're giving the Neon way too much credit.

It would be nice to drive free again and put the rest away for "a project"

Latest posts

Back