"If Only I Could Flag Her Down"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I was on my way home and across the intersection from me was a beautiful old bike, a marvel. Sitting in the bed of a pick up truck full of what appeared to be yard sale scores. It was too nice, neat, clean, and organized to be scrap which was a relief. I recognized the chrome fins, the white seat and chrome crash rail, the handlebars - it was a Space Race-era bike of some kind. Well the truck went first, that lane cleared and I turned right. As luck would have it, I ended up right behind him on my way to the interstate. It was full on chrome, with gold parts. Intact and perfect was the front fender ornament, tail light lense, and even the tires. I knew it was a "golden" Huffy Silver Jet. The most difficult to find of all the variations of the bike. I wanted it so bad, but I realized I had a couple of problems. First, not enough cash I'm sure. Second, no tools to get it in my car. Third, I had no idea how to go about it.

So in conclusion of this thread and what I saw today, "If Only I Could Flag Her Down"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otiabwcV ... re=related

Back