If Billy Lane can do it...So can I

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my brothers motor from kings got here yesterday( i think he ordered it 2 weeks ago ?), drop shipped from louisiana , i would expect him to have some more kits for sale by now.

Adapt said:
I heard some of those motors were bad...have you had any problems?
nope, just look for a seller with some history.
The worst part ofmy bike is having to fiddle with the choke, it's not easy to reach while youre trying to do the throttle.
I'm working on a cable movement that is hooked up to a thumb-shifter

OK, I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR YA. SO I'LL DO ANOTHER POST, HOPE THIS MAKES YA HAPPY.
as you may know, i'am a big fan of barritto bikes, will be good to get back to mine an get it finnished. yours is looking killer. did ya get an engine for it. i would put the engine as close to the seat post as i can an keep the cranks out forward as long as you don't get burned by the engine. lol
ok, i know your happy now. yeah, alot of people look but few say anything. oh well thats life. at least they look.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

burrito bikes, sorry for the spelling.lol. here is a pic of my burrito bike in mock up. been working on this for a year. need to finnish it real soon.

JWSMOCKUPBIKES060.jpg

burritos started over at the choppers forum. the bike is supposed to be made from another bike, cut an put on the ground as low as possible and as long as possible. mine is from a ladys free spirit.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Nice...I've been making burrito bikes and didn't know it...I made one for my girl last christmas...i'll post a picture soon...
I like you bike man...great job...

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/

I have the 4 stroke from these guys and man it blows those 2 strokes away. I dropped down to the 36 tooth freewheel drive gear they sell and I top out at 46 mph. I weigh around 270. It pushes 57-58 when my 120 lbs buddy rides it. You can just open the throttle and go. No mixing gas either. You should throw one of those on the next bike you build.

Oh My God....that is the motor I was looking for but no one could tell me who made it...that is the Motor Derringer Cycles uses...He wouldn't tell me what it was....
Thank you so much...Who makes it?
Do you sell them?

This is the supplier that I got mine from. The demand for these suckers was so high they sold out two months ago but I talked to them on the phone yesterday and they said they will have them again at the end of august/ beginning of september.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-complete-powered-engine-p-156.html

My buddy just got this one. (the one on the main photo has the optional gearbox)
http://www.fiveflagsmotorbikes.com/Wizard4StrokeBicycleEngine.htm

You can also buy the Honda GXH 50 Engine separately from your local honda distributer and then just order the Hau Sheng 4-stroke Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit minus the engine. The Hau Sheng model is a copied honda cast, almost the same engine, but chinese. The chinese model is what you would be buying from the links above and what you will find online 99% of the time. The great thing about getting the honda is that they come with a 4 year warranty. More expensive but worth it. The Honda GXH 50 will mount to the Hau Sheng kit seamlessly, but it is not compatible with the Grubee Clutch box without making a small spacer for the axel.

I'm actually working with chinagas to import a bunch myself. When I have more updates I will post.

Thanks for the links...
both are out of stock right now...
The longer I wait the more I want a Whizzer motor for this bike...

I'll let you know if I'm a fan when I finally get one...I need a big enough motor to fill that space...

Billy Lane is building bicycles?

I guess he's gotta get around somehow while his license is suspended for DUI :mrgreen:

Back