Ideas for Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this skip tooth hawthorne today and I can't decide what to do with it. At first I wanted to under-go an absolute rebuild and repaint and make it perfect, but the more I rode it around, the more I liked it just the way it was (even if it IS missing the other side of the tank...). I'm rebuilding a skip tooth girls bike for the girl right now, so it's going to be fun riding skip tooth bikes around with her regardless.
I also think that it's "rattiness" lets everyone know that this is for sure not a reproduction made in china cruiser bike, haha!

Still, I wanted to see what you guys thought.
girlsbikeprogress2002-1.jpg

Leave it! Maybe clean'er up and clearcoat what you got! Maybe some red tires would look sweet!
(or whitewalls) :wink:
L8 EM

heck all id do is try to locate the other half of the tank,an older(period correct...if you will)seat,older pedals and ride the heck out of her!!
btw great score :mrgreen:

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards. It's already one of the most fun rides on two wheels i've ever owned. I guess I shouldn't take away it's "classiness in rattiness" haha!

Anyone got a lead on left side hawthorne tank though? or any place where i could try and find one? i don't even care if it's the same color...

on ebay lookup the seller "33kong" his name is Jerry Peters. He runs Chestnut Hollow and has some amazing parts.

if he doesnt have any auctions for the tank, send him a message and he might have something lying around. He usually isnt cheap though, but you get what you pay for

thats a beautiful bike and i agree, it screams for brick red tires, maybe find some cream colored rims to compliment the red :p

Latest posts

Back