I want to see..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way you think. I was already kicking this around for my 2nd build. I think we are gonna get a long just fine.

not a bike, but here's an application on the rear of a motorcycle.

mlg_lichter_brakelight1.jpg

mlg_lichter_double_chain1.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

I saw a bike with the Rear Stays replaced with full leaf spring from some sort of car. The picture is on a virus infected computer so no pics of that one.

Lowlife Lucas said:
I really think it would be neat to do a full leaf back half, or a full frame. I've got something in mind that I'd like to do

I have a strange feeling your ideal is close to my idea. Cant wait to see what you come up with. This could get very interesting

01dudley said:
Lowlife Lucas said:
I really think it would be neat to do a full leaf back half, or a full frame. I've got something in mind that I'd like to do

I have a strange feeling your ideal is close to my idea. Cant wait to see what you come up with. This could get very interesting
It might be a while before I try anything, but it'll have a thread when I do start :wink:

The result of an old Columbia girl's frame, a S-10 leaf spring, and boring afternoon!-lol

66f5e412c9de__1238676119000.jpg

5895a8727771__1238676196000.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
not a bike, but here's an application on the rear of a motorcycle.

mlg_lichter_brakelight1.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T
I like this idea.. With a little tweeking here and there, I think it would look pretty kool and ride well if the rite about of leafs and arch is in place.. I would like to see this done also.. This would look kool on a motorized board track style bike..

Peatbog said:

That could get a little hairy with no dampeners on it.

Multiple leaf leaf springs are actually self damping to a certain extent, that's why you can get away with a little more. In this case, still think a shock absorber of some description would help though... :mrgreen:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back