I so freaking want this bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love cafe bikes!! And radiant coppertone omg.
But it's a 21" and I need a 23". I think he'd take $250.
Maybe next time.

Edit: 1965 Varsity

Here
1688849327877.png

Last edited:
That’s a nice bike. I am trying to figure out the significance of the circle head badge. Usually Chicago built Schwinns have oval headbadges and Japanese built have round. But every now and then there is a round headbadge on a Chicago Schwinn. Like this. It must mean something.

Last edited:
That’s a nice bike. I am trying to figure out the significance of the circle head badge. Usually Chicago built Schwinns have oval headbadges and Japanese built have round. But every now and then there is a round headbadge on a Chicago Schwinn. Like this. It must mean something.
I too have a mostly original Varsity (tires, pads, pedals) 10sp with a round Schwinn Continental head badge. Since I thought Continental and Varsity were 2 different models why would they do that unless its like some automotive makers that had extra parts laying around on the assembly line and got installed when the other models were coming down the line.....

I hate drop bars. I have about a dozen in my garage that need to go to the recycling bin.
They are good for mounting on walls and hanging cords or hoses from them.

Darn you @Wildcat :cool:
It is very clean, derailleurs and crank are Sprint. Rear derailleur needs service and probably cables
It came with a Cycle-Rite dyno light kit but the rear lens is missing so it's unmounted.
View attachment 240544
Ratrod had a coppertone Schwinn that he completely dismantled and shined every part before reassembling it, it looked mint. I think this one is in excellent condition and would shine like new.

Latest posts

Back