I need some opinions on a brand new 10 year old bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went into a bike store I haven't been to before and noticed from a distance what looked like Dyno bicycles. I got up closer and realized they were Kustom Kruiser models manufactured after GT/Dyno was sold off. One was a red Deuce. The other turned out to be a pretty rare one. It was a Kustom Kruiser Kobra model, and the only year they made it was in 2006 (So basically, it's a 10 1/2 year old brand new bike!). My question in, what do you think a fair price would be for this, or would you not want it at all because it has a KK on the frame and not a D?

Attachments

• 0730161458b_HDR.jpg
    0730161458b_HDR.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 275
I guess it depends on how much you like it. Doesn't do much for me, and I don't think it will ever have any real collector value. What I'd pay for it would be ripping off the shop.
Just an opinion, yrmv.

Thanks for your reply! I was going to offer him $250 for it but I didn't know if that was too high, or too low. I just didn't think I was educated enough on them to know if I was in the ballpark.

I know. Maybe it's because it was a 1 year special edition? I'd like to know how many they actually made that year. If you search for that model on google only a few come up. It's basically a modified Ultra Glide.

I guess it depends on how much you like it.
At $250, the price may start to collect attention from other buyers. At $400, I've seen these bikes relist again. And, if you see them in a real shop, then at least shipping would be zero.

The Kobra model seems to have "shorty" fenders compared to the Ultra's full rear (2-band) and 3/4-front (1-band); also the 24 x 3 rear wheel, vs. 26 x 2.

Last edited:
I am. curious what the guy wants for the red deuce. It is a GT Dyno right? The blue bike is cool and I would buy it at 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i bought 2 of em in original boxes srill have them in the boxes,thats how i know how much they were,early dynos are some of my fav bikes

Back