I need ideas on where to go from here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I`ve decided to say "what the hay. let the purists say what they wanna on the other sites, I`m going for it" lol. I`ve decided to trike my Hutch 8) . Was just messing around with the idea in my head and then brought it to Tin machine`s attention and he gave me thumbs up. Anyway, here`s the start:
001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

The trike came from an AMF something or other and of course the bars will be apes or drops.

I`m prolly gonna dye the tuffs purple and I have a black one I can put up front. Get me another set of apes and figure out my brake scenario, now that orta be fun lol

I like it!!! :D :D :D That thing has "RAT" possibilities written all over it!! That is the best trike conversion kit I have seen.

kev said:
SICK, if you go with apes, can i buy those bars off you?
Sure but they`ve been cut I think. They`re not very wide at all. I`ll get you some numbers in a few days on their size.

Apes, whitewall tires, a crank :mrgreen:, repaint frame to solid black, white grips, and a rear carrier type thing made of wood :wink: That's how I would do it 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Apes, whitewall tires, a crank :mrgreen:, repaint frame to solid black, white grips, and a rear carrier type thing made of wood :wink: That's how I would do it 8)
Liking that idea, thanks :wink:

I love the rear end but I do not see this going anywhere as a BMX bike. Save the rear end for a different project, use a sleeker frame, bigger, with 24-26-27 inch wheels. Maybe build a custom dragster like shown on one of the other threads. That rear end might make a really cool tandem. How about a rear steer trike?

Very nice. That's how you take an old girls bike and up the cool factor. Somewhere around 1970 I had a Schwinn based three wheeler with a looong chopper fork, loved riding that thing up and down the Mission beach boardwalk where I grew up.

Latest posts

Back