I might have gotten a raw deal, but its perrrty.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My lady friends bike got stolen...I buit an old typhoon/pieces from a nirve for her and it got yoinked by some scumbag. I quickly tracked down another cool bike, but wouldnt you know it I got " its okay". So now I'm stuck with a girl bike I guess.

So CL had a 68 Light Wieght Schwinn ( I have no knowledge of values, I have always just got what I think is cool y'know) I got it for 100.00. It may not be a #1 but its close, and I think except for the sprock, all original.

There are alotta Schwinners on here, did I get the shaft? :?:
[/IMG]
100_0988.jpg
<BR>
100_0989.jpg
<BR>
100_0990.jpg
<BR>
100_0987.jpg
<BR>
100_0991.jpg

eIf I did, Ill just rat it since I dont think lightweights are worth too much.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!

YOu did good!

That is really nice and the price was right. FYI - the spreoekt is original and the fact it is a 5 speed is SUPER! Awesome paint! a true survivor! Don't change a thing~~ :D

You did good man...that's about what they go for. Let me know what the serial number is on that bike.

That would look good sitting next to mine. I paid $50 for my 69'. :mrgreen:

I might be interested if you want to sell it.

69collegiate.jpg

It's either on the rear drop out (where rear axle slides into the frame) or on the neck tube.

I figured you'd be laughin at me.

How cool would it look to have a his and hers parked together.

Me and my wife with our horned rimmed glasses taped in the middle and our pocket protectors. :lol:

my LBS has a guy thats always willing to spend more on matching sets of his/her bikes (wont sell me one without the other), says most of the "schwinn" guys cant turn em down when both are there :D id hate to break up a pair as well i suppose.

I put back on craigslist this morning at 200 and got two people coming by tonite...at least they say they are.

If this was the mens version like RATRODS I would just keep, not that Im knocking ladies frames, I could make it manly... but it seems too entact.

THANKS!

Ouch....yeah, if you can get that kind of money via the CL for it then ignore me for sure, ha ha!

If you guys get a chance you should check out Chicago's CL Bike section. Some of those guys LOVE their local built Chicago Schwinns...

Makes one think about buying 'em cheap rurally (like my $5 '72 sports tourer) and taking a trip to the city...

DISTURBIO GO said:
Maybe I cant...one of the two guys showed, and he tried to beat me down too much. Craigslist - Loved and Hated equally.

Curtis
What I tell people is to save their time..
The Price is Fixed.

That Bikes worth all of $200.00
send the Jackazz to Wal-Mart and Zellers and see what he can get for $200.00
that will disintigrate in 6 months of City Riding.

Stick to your Guns my Friend,
$200.00 is a GREAT deal for someone.

Kev.

Two bills is a bit steep for that. Cut a deal with Ratrod and keep it in the family.

Back