I know what I did last summer!Gazelle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This summer i found this bike at a fair.
I told myself I have to buy it,so that's how my love for gazelle begin,it was love at first sight!

DSC_2757.jpg

DSC_2754.jpg

The bike was original to it's smalest part,a women Gazelle "tour de france" edition!

DSC_2761.jpg

DSC_2763.jpg

I chopped a bit,plastic parts i don't like,she got very soon some leather on the handlebars,a red feather,a new shimano 600 gear shifter with a sachs huret lever,a new ring bell and a new front tire.the seat it's a '86-'89 lepper holland seat that got some oil treatment.It has Sturmey Archer front and rear hub.

DSC_2764.jpg

DSC_2750.jpg

DSC_2756.jpg

The owner of Gazelle is my girlfriend,now she rides it every day in the crowded city.

Finishing Gazelle and reveal it to the world,a friends girlfriend wanted a Gazelle for herself,so I went to a guy and found a rusted butt not so old bike.

DSC_2789.jpg

DSC_2794.jpg

It's a 90's Gazelle with a 3 speed rear hub.I took it and paint it,giving to the forgotten bike a brand new shine.The feather tradition was kept,so cause of the candy colors and the girlish look she got the name.

DSC_2805.jpg

The Lollipop

DSC_2798.jpg

DSC_2804.jpg

DSC_2810.jpg

DSC_2813.jpg

Back