I hate to be a whiner, but...........

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Some forum members have asked me to hold items for them, which I have no problem with...if it is a reasonable length of time and they keep the lines of communication open. What I do have a problem with is the guy who asks me to hold something and then months go by and I never hear anything. I understand that with high gas prices, etc. it takes time to get funds together, but an occassional note to let me know you are still interested and want the stuff, or a note that you have changed your mind would be greatly appreciated. I hope you don't get the idea I'm some crabby old phart, I'm really not, but I would like to be able to put stuff away if someone has changed their mind, or put it back on the market. Or, if they still want it, get some idea of how long they think it might be before they can arrange payment. Sorry for the rant.
Crassly

Upper Class White Trash said: i am going to the swap meet this weekend. so i'll let ya know next week. if that's cool with you. if someone else wants them i guess i'm S.O.L but yeah sounds good i'll hit you back....

:oops: sorry bro i never got back with you.. it totally slipped my mind.. jeesh could have P.M.ed me.

i hear ya though if someone told me they wanted something and had me hold it and set it in stone. it would tic me off also
I hope you don't get the idea I'm some kind of "donkey" but an occassional note works both ways.
some people have a little time with a lot to do on top of
god smiting them with a tree...

really am sorry that i didn't get back to ya on that part. save yourself some stress send out a few P.M's.

Upper Class White Trash, you make a good point - I could send out a pm and ask if they are still interested, but I'm not sure that is my responsibility. However part of my problem is that I consistantly fail to write anything down. And I get enough private messages that the old ones scroll off on a regular basis. I honestly have no clue what part you had asked about, and no way to go back and find out.

If you need more room I could take that black Hiawatha off you hands - for part's! :wink: J/K! You have a valid point Crassly. Considering the way bike's multiply like rabbit's in your part of the country you need all the room you can get! (especialy the good ones!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
L8 EM

whenever I sell something online, I put a time limit on it. I don't hold stuff for people. If it's available when you want to pay for it, then it's yours.

I also prefer paypal, which I know some of the sellers on this site do not use, that really slows down the process, it's actually a pain for me to go get a money order and a stamp. I haven't bought a stamp in at least 8 months. Anyways, my point being that if you want sell something, you should have some limits established for your own sanity, but also so that buyers know their limits and don't waste your time.

If that's whinin', better add me to the whiner list! (And yes, I'd like some cheese with that!)

The other side is the person who posts, takes the money, then forgets to put the item in to be shipped. (or the one who decides they didn't make enough off of it.)

I see something, if I buy it, I expect it to be in my hands in a timely manner.

I think that's how things are supposed to go. I have had great luck for the most part on fleebay, and here on this forum, as well as a couple of others. It irritates me to no end when someone pulls the "I forgot to send it" response.

Regarding shipping:
I had purchased a Breeze a year ago (6/27/07) though, and after waiting for about a month, I wrote the seller a very polite note asking for a tracking number. I got a return within a few minutes that was quite harsh, and the tracking number was not part of it. The seller was somewhat aggravated that I might think he had not followed through. His list of excuses began here, and continued on for quite some time. When I received the Breeze Sept. 1, 2007, I took the tracking number off the package and entered it in the shipper's site. Low and behold, the bike was shipped 3 weeks earlier. Another month later, he sent the front fender he "forgot" to put in the box. Pretty lame.... At least it was worth waiting for. That has only happened maybe 3 times in all the time I've been involved in this, so I don't think there are a lot of bad apples out there. I have over 30 emails from that trasaction stored, as it seemed I would never get the bike. The Breeze was intended to be a gift for a family member, and I ended up giving it to her about 4 months after her birthday.

Regarding questionable stuff:
I went through the same thing with another seller on a Town & Country regarding shipping cost. It was posted as "this is the flat shipping cost in the lower 48." (I think Florida is still in the lower 48.. If we are adrift, no one has told me yet!) The price was doubled prior to the trike being put in UPS, (with the seller explaining that they will file a non-paid with fleebay if I don't pay this) and then two weeks later the seller tells me it will be yet another $112. Total of shipping would now be excess of $300. The note included a line as follows: "If you don't send the additional shipping funds, I will be making hardly any profit on this sale." I checked the UPS site and found the bike was due to be delivered in 4 or 5 days, and sent a nice note declining paying anything further and thanked them for my business, which I assured them they would get no more of, and mentioned this would be reported to fleebay. (I noted a couple of days later they had deleted themselves from fleebay.) The trike arrived (completely disassembled) in two boxes 4 days later. The boxes were WAY beyond oversized, and one of them would have held the entire trike.... while still assembled. I was able to take the stuff out of the boxes, and it is presently in three smaller boxes, a small standard bike box, and two others, one with the wheels, the other with the basket/rear end.(I have yet to re-assemble it due to space for storage). I took the boxes over to the shipping place (not to UPS, but to a "Mail Box"), and gave the zip from where they came to see the cost of shippng all of them back. Total shipping for ALL THREE boxes together was $104. Curiousity had the best of me, and I had to see if I was being unfair. Obviously not.

Venting over....

What's the difference between "I forgot to send" and "I forgot to pay?"
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!

Crassly is right.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

I agree with everyone. Deal straight and keep it cool. It's got to be hard for you guys when you get so many offers and no follow through. Iv'e been guilty of wanting something and taking a little to long to send money. Sorry guys. I have also ran into snags sending something out.
But yesterday I found that my post office has this cool postal center that will let me send out items all by myself. I can weigh them and everything no other person involved. LOVE IT...It was also 8.00 cheeper with insurance than my local pack and ship. YES!

So Crassly gas a black hiawatha that I dont know about??? Hummmm :roll:
Ok I'm with all of yall . Its simple" pay quick and ship quick" Thats my motto. :wink:

Back