I Got Offered A Schwinn Corvette Today...PICS (Updated)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A guy I work with found a Schwinn Corvette at his FIL's, in a junk pile that the guy lets his neighbors/family/friends use. He dragged it out and said it has light rusting on it. I saw a cruddy cell phone photo of it, but will check it out in person sometime this week.

He basically rescued it with me in mind. I offered $50 and he came back with $100, so I am hoping I can get it for $75. I have no other info on it, other than the name.

I can't wait to get it and post some pics.
:D

Re: I Got Offered A Schwinn Corvette Today...

I've had a handful of Corvettes. They make wonderful riders and will generally spruce up very nicely because of the quality of Schwinn's stuff in that era. Fenders will be stainless if they're original, too. So that's nice 8)

Everyone needs a corvette in there collection! ! I have a few!

I stopped by and looked at it after work today. It is a little beat up and will require a thorough restoration, using a lot of elbow grease. I took some cruddy cell phone pics, I'll have to post them when I get home.

I did get the serial number off of it - A227321. I'll look it up when I get home. Unless anyone wants to help a brother out in the meantime. ;)

08/24 to 08/25 ------- A22589 ------------------ A26611

Here are my cruddy cell phone pics:

IMG_20120621_180447.jpg

The photo doesn't do it justice, it looks pretty decent. It will take some love and elbow grease.

IMG_20120621_180504.jpg

This is so...cool. I can't wait to have this in my garage.

IMG_20120621_180622.jpg

Likewise for this. Can these decals be found, bought, or easily duplicated?

IMG_20120621_180545.jpg

I got bumped right as I was getting in place to take this picture. D'oh!

IMG_20120621_180554.jpg

THIS is what I was going for. :D

And now, the bad news...
IMG_20120621_180516.jpg

The left seat stay is bent, slightly. It is NOT creased. Does anyone know if this can be fixed rather easily? This answer could be the deal breaker. As of right now, I am leaning very much towards in favor of getting this bike, regardless. If anyone is around, I would like some advice/opinions, please.

Thanks.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
08/24 to 08/25 ------- A22589 ------------------ A26611
01/24 ------------------ A227115 ------------------ A229364
Serial number is A227321.

I just got corrected on the date over on the Swap Meet (Wanted) board. This is a '62. The serial number has one extra number than the '53. Just letting you know. :p

And that jibes with what I read last night, that the Corvette's didn't appear in public until the summer of 1954.

What IS definite, is that Friday can't come fast enough!

If it was me Id strip it down and get a couple pieces of metal plate or wood which ever you have handy the length of the bar and put it in a vise and tighten it down and see if that would get the bend out. or if your good at cutting and welding just cut it out and reweld a new piece in

I have a 1959 Schwinn corvette frame that was white from the factory .. Then the idiot striped off the factory painted it white again ..Yes its true & I have the pic & bike regrestration that matches the bike plate in the photo form 1959 to prove it .. If you want the frame let me know Ill sell it for $125 shipped.

Wow....I almost have your Corvette's sister.... :shock:

My '62 Debutante serial # A224337 built week of 1/22/62.

sleepy said:
Wow....I almost have your Corvette's sister.... :shock:

My '62 Debutante serial # A224337 built week of 1/22/62.

Well, where is she? Let's see some pics.

Back