i got a new car!!!!! actually really old check it out

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
santacruz001.jpg

santacruz002.jpg

santacruz003.jpg

santacruz003.jpg

santacruz005.jpg

santacruz007.jpg

santacruz008.jpg

santacruz009.jpg

santacruz010.jpg

santacruz011.jpg

santacruz012.jpg

santacruz013.jpg

santacruz014.jpg

1951 ford custom 4 door flatty v8 already got it running, original interior other than the seat covers. i had already started laying lines on this car when my buddy wanted to know if i wanted it.

and i got a friend giving me a sharp intake and 3 97's for it.

karfer67 said:
and i got a friend giving me a sharp intake and 3 97's for it.

wow! that must be a real friend. that intake and carbs are well sought after items these days
3 dueces on that thing may be a bit much unless you set the carbs up progressivly or use the middle one only as a dummy.

i was thinkin' that flatty would look great(and run great) w/ an edlebrock(they repro those) or weiand(kinda hard to find) dual carb intake w/ a pair of 94s.
and maybe a pair of fenton headers.

i'm sure you've got a mooneyes catalog bynow.
if ya dont have a speedway catalog do yerself a favor and get one.
if ya dont know about speedway google speedway hotrod lincoln nebraska. i dunno. one of those will get it. call 'em and they'lle send ya a free catalog.

cool car man.

looks good :mrgreen:
hey theres no wood in that thing!!! time for a 3" hair cut and a shave 8) almost forgot dont forget to french the lamps and rear!
if you want better throttle response run just 2 97's....although it doesnt look nearly as good as a 6 pack it performs a bit better...
when you gonna bring that boat down and see my car?

beatcad said:
i'm sure you've got a mooneyes catalog bynow.
if ya dont have a speedway catalog do yerself a favor and get one.
if ya dont know about speedway google speedway hotrod lincoln nebraska. i dunno. one of those will get it. call 'em and they'lle send ya a free catalog.
heck hes got sact. vintage ford and so.cal both in town plus tognotis(im sure i misspelled that :oops: )

sensor i think u did but who cares. i might settle for a 4 bbl on an edelbrock but man 3 97s on a sharp intake i mean come on? iduno the first thing about flathead v8s so i got some reading to do. i have messed with them in the past but this is the first one i have had that ran lol. i plan on a mild cam, better ignition and maybe a change over to 12 volt. as for the hair cut tht sounded like an offer to me. :lol:

If you want to get any use out of a triple carb setup you will definitely want a cam and escape tubes, Isky if you can get 'em. Side valve motors can only spin so fast. 8)

Oh man! LOVING The old shoebox lookin' ford. The flatty just adds to the coolness. Sick lines on the paint brah! Love this car!!! awesome score :mrgreen:

i agree a 2 carb setup would be better but i am going to set it up progressive anyways and this one really wont be a drag car. yea it is at least going to get a set of headers, and duals for now. i still need to get the setup and get the carbs rebuilt so that is a long time off. for now i am just gonna get the single holey 94 tuned good i need a new fuel line that goes from the pump to the carb the compression fittings are no good on each end

frank i hope that was a joke no way am i getting rid of the flathead. i might down the road do a c4 trans though. and i think this one is going to be gloss black

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats what i said!!
told him he'll be having block parties for many months :wink:
and sure it was an offer.....if youve got cash ive got time

btw...ive got some nice bias plys thatd look great on that thing :wink:

Back