I got 3 schwinn cruisers off craigslist

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a 95 which is cool but not old, then a 67 and 68 all ridable as is but Im going to strip them ,paint them and re sell them for a big profit. I only paid 20 each for them so I will profit alot. I am looking for a head badge for one if i can get it for under 5 bucks LOL. but they all have nice breaking and pedaling and steering and all tires hold air so looks like paint and grease is all I will need https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/887250_620053391341322_1245490291_o.jpg

Looks like 80's forks and guards. Whats the serial numbers? Are they on the headtube? Also the brake bridge/fender mount look straight? Should be curved to match the fender.

The closest one is not a 60's Schwinn frame. Welded steer head instead of forged unit, fender brace and chain-guard tab wrong, flattened chain-stay bends. All the way in back is a Schwinn Heavy Duti, which is a desirable current model. if you can get one of the wheel sets clean and stick 'em on there, there's your sixty bucks back easy. :wink:

They aren't all original the serial numbers are on left drop out there's parts I know aren't original but they all function so easy to resell for profit when only paint is needed.

Well that's weird the serial numbers are on drop out so maybe 70s and all the wheels role good I'm just gonna paint them rustolium flat black and call it good

well Im gonna clean them up all nice and pretty and put on craigslist for 100 bucks each local and see how it goes.

Well as I see the serial numbers on the left drop outs are under 1970 anything after 1970 its on head tube?

well i guess collector wise they aint worth much but i will clean them up and sell locally on craigslist

Still not bad for working bikes at 20 bucks a pop. If you can make a buck out of them, more power to you. Just don't want some buyer jerking your chain 'cause they're not what you thought they were.

I am in no way ineterested in buying the OPs bikes, basically he claimed they were the real deal and I just wanted him to know that they weren't. Im sure he'll get more than 20 each when he flips 'em, and thats a good thing. :)

well im gonna try to get 80-100 each cause if they look good an role they are better then buying a crappy walmart bike for 150 that will last a couple yrs and fall apart lol

Back