I found the Holy Grail of Ratdom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In upstate New York near the Canadian border I found a barn with over 100 bicycles and a U-haul of parts. A stack of tires 6 feet tall. If you hooked a television up to all the wheels you could get Russian TV.Pedals, fenders, shifters, deraillers, chrome forks, chains, seats, ball bearings, racks, grips, sissy bars, ape hangers, lights, and.................
Wald, Shimano, Suntour, S-A still in original packaging.
I need help getting rid of things. I will be at Williamsville,NY on the 5th and Copake on the 17th.

whoa,
how about shipping?

not the whole load!

cant wait to see all the photos!

KZ1000 said:
Heck with the pics, I want to go to the Barn with you

The woman will gladly give you the barn after we are done unloading it. It is really a chicken coop. It is ready to fall down.

The 10x10 section that had 60 bicycles in it had a caved in roof and all the bicycles on the floor sunk into the frozen chicken poop about 4 inches. The ones hanging from the roof were holding up the roof when it collapsed.
I saw a few Hawthornes, about 10 Schwinns, 3 Raleighs, A Robin Hood, 3 French, 1 folder, few kids BMX/stingray style, 5 Free Spirits, Few with tanks, 1 or 2 Phillips, a Hercules AMF with a big shifter on the top tube, many Huffys, might be a first year Magna.
A 20 inch Carlisle Saf-T-Brite Slick still in the wrapper, (2) 20 inch Uniroyal Chain, (3) 26x1 3/8 Carlisle Regripper, (6)Carlisle Aggressor/RA, (4) 26x 1 3/8 Schwinn to fit s5 or s6 (might be bad), (3) 20x 1.75 "Tractor Grip". Many other 26x1.75, 26x1 3/8, 24x 1.75, 24x 1 3/8, 20x1.75 some in colors. Strange sized; 26x 1.90, 26x38c, 26x1.38.
Brake cable with housing, Shifter cables for S-A and Shimano 3speeds, Suntour and Shimano deraillers and shifters in bags, Weinmann Brake pads still in the display box, Wald balloon and short fenders, chrome 20 and 24/26inch chainguards in plastic wraps, 70 chrome forks that were stuck in the eaves of the chicken coop(rust included) Bendix 76 hubs and wheels, Red, brown and black quilted seats, 3 or 4 boxes of tubes, replacement rear cogs in many sizes, blue BMX handlebars, apes, racing, touring handlebars, sissy bars, 3speed cable adjusters, clips, clamps, pulleys. Derailler cable guides (3 different types.)Those brake cable guides that connect to the seatpost and headtube for center pull brakes, chains still in the box.
Wheel, crank, and head tube bearings in races, cups, cranks, cotter pins and bushings. Many wheels and hubs. Ross children convertible tanks

And a Western Flyer tank with jet fighter on it.

Will be U-hauling on Sunday the 5th

It is already in a storage container on the outskirts of Oswego, NY. I filled and emptied, with 2 teenagers, a 26 foot U-Haul with parts and bicycles on Sunday.
It is snowing here, so went thru 5 storage boxes filled with nuts and bolts. Now I just have to find out what these pieces go to.
Is that a Shimano axle or a S-A. How many treads per inch. What is the right size bearings for a Bendix coaster brake hub. Is this a spring for a brake or an axle. Oh, a piece for for a Hercules 3speed hub. Why does this bolt fit but this one does not. 2 whole boxes of New Departure disk brake sets, but where is the rest of it. Why are there nails in the same box as inner tubes.

Did not finish sorting today, hopefully tomorrow. Dining room is a mess.

Good lord that sounds like fun. Photos would be much appreciated when you get the time!

I WANT TO BE A 'MURRKIN so I can get my hands on this stuff.

Anyone got a spare daughter/sister/neighbor they want to marry off so I can get citizenship? :mrgreen:

Photos
IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg