I don't know what it is.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a clue the age or brand or anything of the bike. All I know is that the ditch I found it in didn't give up easily. :x
The pedals say made in Germany on them. There is a few layers of paint so I can't find a serial number yet. However lets see what you guys can tell me and I'll go from there.
155196_10150095091510396_509120395_7408386_360321_n.jpg

There used to be a head badge perhaps the shape might help...
150554_10150095091715396_509120395_7408389_913742_n.jpg

148102_10150095091815396_509120395_7408391_6535228_n.jpg

And one more for now...
156337_10150095091625396_509120395_7408387_8159744_n.jpg

Anything you can tell me (other than the forks are bent) would be great.

That is a 30's CCM. I have a 37" CCM frame that looks exactly like that and the headbadge is diamond shaped like yours was. The serial number should be on the left side at the top of the seat tube on the frame. Post the serial and I should be able to tell the year.

Bikes3167.jpg

Bikes3166.jpg

Thanks, I'll try and find it tomorrow after taking some paint off. I just looked again but there is too much paint. It will be stamped right into the steel right? I don't want to sand it off accidentally. Looking at the bike closer though I've seen at least three colous on there. Blue, Red and the top coat of dark green. It looks like house paint though so it'll be tough to take off.

It's weird that the crank looks like that though, never seen a CCM with a crank like that, but apparently some older ones did have it

I'm not well read on the old bikes so I'll take your word on that. All I know is I really like it. :D

Heres the one I got not to long ago, The chain guard may be incorrect though, just had that laying around, it was from a ccm from 1939, This CCM is a 1932, the headbadge is not a sticker or plate. this is kinda what yours proberly should of looked like, handle bars are from a spaceliner though, the other bars where crusty oh and peddles are cast iron lol
100_2259.jpg

Hey that's a good looking bike. Gives me ideas as to what mine could look like. I really need to uncover the serial so I can determine the year. Lot's of paint to clean off. :roll:

I see what you mean about the crank... yours is like HotRodRob's... hmm.. maybe mine was a cheaper model? Or maybe the crank is aftermarket?

There could be a reason for the crank, i've seen it before on a ccm. Maybe it's a racing bike. the crank system on that will be neat to play with, I have a CCM with one and it's weird. Before you go more with it, I suggest also looking over the frame to make sure it's still useable. it looks pretty cresty and a few areas bent, might be the pic though

It looks like it has a 3 piece crank, the ones in the other pictures have a one piece crank. In the early years of CCM (pre 1930) they had a 3 piece crank that was 3 sided or triangular that the pedal arms would fit on. See if you can remove the cap on the pedal arm it might be a triangular set up.

Thanks for the info guys. I looked the frame over really good and there is one small dent but other than that it's pretty solid. I'll try and get to it today to find the serial and pop the pedal cap off. I'll let you know ASAP, I really appreciate the input you guys are giving me.

Okay I finally found the serial # under four layers of paint. It's W 7954 so if anyone can help determine the age I'd appreciate it.

On a side note the pedal arm does fit over a triangular piece. Everything came apart really easy down there. And surprisingly once I cleaned all the parts I find the bearings are in really good shape. The fact that it was well greased probably explains a lot there. The fork and stem however... couldn't be saved... the fork was toast anyway but everything was really fused together and would not come apart. I had to cut the forks off in order to remove everything. Oddly the bearings were in good shape here too...

1934? I think it is, it's one year older then mine. lol

I may take you up on that when I get to that build. Right now being broke I limit my projects only because I can't finish anything. I also only have so much room to work . Have you built a CCM that you have pictures of? I haven't put much thought to it yet but I would like to see a few bikes finished to get some ideas.

Right on! Something tells me though that when I get to this build it's going to be the rattiest rat to have ever ratted. The blackest of black... so black it sucks light into it like a black hole... blacker than a ninja's shadow. I want it to make night time underground seem bright in comparison...

But... If I grabbed the headbadge and made it the most brilliant chrome anyone have ever seen against that black... hmm....

Back