I don't know anything about Banana seats...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Or Ape Hangers and Sissy bars either...except that I had em on a couple bikes when I was a kid :)

Well, now I have project where I need a couple of each and I'm not sure which ones are good...
I don't know if Schwinn made Coppertone banana seats, but that would be perfect.
The Orange krate seats would work too, but I'm not looking to throw down $100+ per seat.

So, I've seen a bunch of them new on eBay in the $30-$40 range, looks like for low rider bikes mainly, and I'm curious if there's a company out there anyone would recommend ?
I was leaning toward white sparkle, or I did see a decent orange with black stripes...or maybe it's better to try and pick off a couple of used ones from auction listings?

Same with the apes. Need a couple pairs standard Stingray size/style and don't need to pay full price for originals. Is there an inexpensive repop version ?

Thanks in advance if I anyone would care to educate me !
:)

I bought a pair of reproduction seats off ebay a few years ago. good quality and long enough for good weight transfer on my huffy. as far as handlebars go, it's best to find a bike shop that has some to get an idea as to what you're looking for. I had a 3 foot long set of apes on a west coast chopper bike about 10 years ago. had to swap them for a shorter set to make the bike handle better and stop the blood from draining out of my arms.

Shipping on bars kills it. I found 1 set local. Also bought a bike to part out for less than a set of bars shipped.

Can't recommend a seat, I recovered one, lot of work and the pleather is expensive. If you go that route, maybe find a couch to strip the material from.

Latest posts

Back