I can't I.D. Rear Steer Tandem Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rear stear tandem bike I can't I.D. It had a 1956 Hawaii licence on it. It almost looks like a Colson. The frame is Female in front, and Male in Back. The bike shops in Hawaii can't I.D. the threads on the axles. they are not standard, or metric. Even the front fork threads are strange.One guy said the threads are a little more angled than normal. The skip tooth rear coaster brake band, or bar has the letters WND stamped into it. The rear steer control rods have no linkadge, just 1 rod on each side with a loop on each end. The loop goes on a post on each side of the fork. The bike had rotten GoodYear Thunderbolt GT 26x2.125 tires.I need new seats, fenders, handle bars, etc., but I want to find the right parts of the no name Tandem. I can't even find axle nuts because they are not Standard, or Metric. Please!!! I need your help.

Hey Tim, hello and welcome to RatRodBikes! :)

Sorry I can't help w/the I.D. of yer bike.
aka_locojoe said:
Pics would help.
You should start another thread in the "Bike Talk" section and ask for help again . . . INCLUDE PHOTOS! :wink:

As for finding nuts and bolts, you might need to get a pitch gauge. There is usually one included in tap/die sets, but you should be able to find them by themselves also. After you have a thread count, you can check here for hardware . . . http://www.mcmaster.com/#hex-nuts/=cx7cfd
Notice, for instance, that they sell 3/8" nuts in the common -16 & -24 threads/inch, but they also have 3/8"-32 hex nuts. You probably won't find those "extra-fine thread" nuts at yer local hardware store.

Back