I believe this is a Rail ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is a Rail. If so this is my first Rail and I am very excited by the condition ... could be a eliminator but I don't think so

Attachments

• IMG_4002.JPG
    IMG_4002.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_4003.JPG
    IMG_4003.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_4004.JPG
    IMG_4004.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 265
Murray made Eliminator frame for sure. Looks to be a 68 (MO8) or 69 (MO9). Going out on a limb here but I'll bet the serial is MO8280X25. Please let us know.
Kenny.

Murray made Eliminator frame for sure. Looks to be a 68 (MO8) or 69 (MO9). Going out on a limb here but I'll bet the serial is MO8280X25. Please let us know.
Kenny.
Kenny -- why are there a pair of holes on each side of the front forks? Was that some type of special edition? The holes look to be factory based on the paint.

Kenny -- why are there a pair of holes on each side of the front forks? Was that some type of special edition? The holes look to be factory based on the paint.
Some bikes had small plastic reflectors there, this is probably one of them.

Luke.

Kenny.
Can I ask would that be code for year and equipped? Is that where u are able to attempt guess?

M95200x3

I think some of the number is under the sissy bar so I will have to get to that. The first 0 after the 2 might be a 6 too.

The holes were for the white arrowhead shaped reflectors.
Been a long time since I decoded Murrays. Forgot about the 5. That first 0 you have after the 2 is actually a 6 for a single speed or an 8 for a five speed. I guessed x25 because of the color. Thought it was going to be a Foremost Swinger from JC Penneys.
260 for single speed
270 for 3 speed
280 for 5 speed

The holes were for the white arrowhead shaped reflectors.
Been a long time since I decoded Murrays. Forgot about the 5. That first 0 you have after the 2 is actually a 6 for a single speed or an 8 for a five speed. I guessed x25 because of the color. Thought it was going to be a Foremost Swinger from JC Penneys.
260 for single speed
270 for 3 speed
280 for 5 speed
Thanks for he decode -- so it is a 69 eliminator single speed with little holes for the arrow reflectors? What badge do you think? The standard Murray verticals?

This is what we have so far on the X numbers.

X1 = Atkins
X3 = Vanguard??? Murray badged
X6 = Flying O (Otasco-Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company)
X7 = BF Goodrich BF Goodrich Tires)
X8 = Firestone (Firestone Tires)
X10 = Westernflyer (Western Auto)
X12 = All Pro (Kmart)
X13 = Murray
X15 = Ranger (Standard Cycle Company - Chicago)
X17 = Murray
badge for (Broadway Cycles in Cleavland OH)
X18 = Hiawatha (Gambles)
X23 = Murray
X24 = Foremost (JC Penneys)
X25 = Foremost (JC Penneys)
X26= Guaranty (Guaranty Bicycle company - St.Louis, Mo.)
X28 = Fleetwing (Jordan Marsh & Company Department Store)
X30 = Hiawatha (Gambles)
X31 = Hiawatha (Gambles)
X32 = Parkleigh (Gimbels or Gimbel Brothers Department Store)
X34 = Liberty (Chicago Cycle Supply Company)
X35 = Liberty (Chicago Cycle Supply Company)
X36 = Liberty (Chicago Cycle Supply Company)
X40 = Murray
X42 = Murray
X43 = Murray
X46 = Marfield (Marshall Field and Company)
X55 = Murray (Gordon Bicycle Supply Co.)
X56 = Ben Hur
X63 = Hallmark (J&H Jack and Harry's home and auto stores)
X64 = JB Hunter
X65 = Murray - Special for 1965 (in 65 only, could have been used other years as a different meaning)
X66 = Guaranty. Also used for special model from Murray during the 66 year.
X67 = Sportscrest
X69 = Special for 1969 (in 69 only, could have been used other years as a different meaning)
X70 = Special for 1970 (in 70 only, could have been used other years as a different meaning) Also Radar badge.
X71 = Sportscrest (?) Also Special for 1971 (in 71 only,could have been used other years as different meaning)
X73 = Walco badge and Dayton badge ( Walthour & Hood Co. in Atlanta)
X81 = Murray
X82 = Murray
X83 = Might actually be a Sears number??????
X84 = Murray
X90 = Murray
X92 = Federal
X95 = AMC (McKelvey's Department Store)
X97 = Murray
X98 = Swarthmore

Latest posts

Back