Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my newest find. I'm not sure what year it was built yet. Unfortunately, the fork is bent (the main tube, not the two forks). Is there a way to straighten this? The bike pulls to the left a little bit.

Anyone know which decade this bike is from?

Cherry.jpg

The chain guard and sprocket are the same style as my daughter's 1968 Huffy. I don't know how many years they used the same guard though.

Based on what I know, I would say from 1965 to the early 70's, based on what I can see of your headbadge and the decal on the seat tube.

As for the forks, you can have your lbs (local bike shop) see if they bend them back straight. If they have been straightened before, the metal could be weak, and fail on you at the worst possible moment. I have bent them back myself by taking the wheel off and finding something solid to brace the forks against and pulling up on the rear of the frame, but everything has to be lined up and pulled straight and even. The fork blades might need something to cushion them on whatever surface you are using to brace them. I used old concrete blocks that were the back steps to a house and inserted the forks in the opening of a block. I should have used some cardboard or wood also, I scratched the paint on the concrete block. But it worked. Then I took the forks off and looked closely for cracks, especially at the crown where the blades attach.

-Agrees w/RZ. If the serial # starts with something like 8H8, it'd be a 68, I don't remember when they stopped numbering them like that. -Adam

Back