huffy galaxie info please.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought this for my girlfriend and was wondering if anyone knew any more about these.....
KGrHqVosFCr6G6pbDBQPL5J3RQ60_58.jpg

More pics to follow. Any help greatly appreciated.

I think the first digit of the serial number will indicate the year. My guess is mid-60s. If the first number is a "3", then it is a 63, "5" is 65, etc.

Found it, are they usually upside down? Is there anything else you can tell from the serial number?
20130102_213457.jpg

Also, it has this fitted, it appears to be a horn or buzzer of some sort, I've not got a battery to try it out yet.
20130102_213546.jpg

That's a cool old horn. I have a similar horn on my '64 Huffy built Firestone 500.

I thought your's was a '63. I had a mens maroon '63 with the same chainguard/decal. Not sure what else you can find on the serial number. I like the 60's Huffy middleweights. I think they went to the canti frame in '59 maybe? I have a '58 ElDorado that is the single bar.

Just picked up this same bike - The "rack" on the back of the bike is really thin and doesn't have any loops or anything. Can panniers actually be used with it? I can't see any way to really secure them!

Sorry in advance for the really basic question.

Back