Huffy Cruiser Budget Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with a huffy cruiser bike with 2 bent wheels. I got it from a local flea market for $20. I thought it was neat the frame was made in Dayton Ohio. Brought it home and tried to straighten the wheels, but I gave up. They were trashed. So I took a trip to my local bike shop and got the gaint apes for $30. I was browsing EGay, Craigslist, and this site for a wheel set. I wanted something with some patina, I went to another flea market today and found a woman's Ross complete cruiser for $30. It also had a cool luggage rack that was already painted red. The wheels were sweet, white hoops with a red pin stripe. I took it home and put my white walls and new inner tubes on them. Greased them up and put them on. I'm super happy with how it came out.

The pictures make it look like the bars a huge. I'm 6' 1" and I can reach them no problem. It's actually really comfortable for me to ride. Plus with my hands up so high it keeps my arm pits dry haha. Thanks for the comments guys. I work 2nd shift 6-7 days a week so most of my riding is at night time. I'm adding 6 mini led lights on the luggage rack and flush mount them. I also picked of the front part with springs and the rockers for a monark springer. I'm going to be building the rest and hopefully it looks good on this one. Thanks again for all the comments everyone!

Back