Huffy banana seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say a treasure.. but a find..! Just as I found it.. have no idea what I'll do with it, but had to have it, you know.. chain guard says "country sunshine". Ha!
IMG_20130425_191910_186_zpsefae137b.jpg

Plastic fenders don't rust or dent! Graphics surprisingly good on rear. Rims have only 20 spokes, btw.
IMG_20130425_211218_586_zps3a1bece1.jpg

And 2 "Cub Scout bicycle safety program" stickers on front fender. Kinda interesting.
IMG_20130425_211152_678_zpsde42786e.jpg

Not sure even worth dating. But there are 2 sets of numbers on dropout.
IMG_20130425_212534_971_zps9eea4208.jpg

Just an old crappy Huffy version I guess, but still cool to find old bikes, since it rarely happens for me!

scrumblero your right all you would have to do is strip the stickers and paint them blue, I think they used them on and off from the mid 70s to the early 80s

I had a schwinn Stingray.. My friends had Huffy's growing up we beat the tar out of those Huffys..LOL

A lot of good parts on there.

I'd have brought that home.

I'm slowly redoing a 80s ' Dream Girl ", same bike different colors, that was my step daughters childhood bike. Same frame and all as the Sweet Thunder, etc - I have a Sweet Thunder used to be my daily rider around the neighborhood, rides nice, if very pink , lol .

Clean it up and ride it :)

I got this same bike for my 5 birthday in 1983. Mine had a yellow seat and yellow handle bar grips. The next year my sister got the same bike for her 5th birthday. I believe the model changed to a white seat and a different color for the grips. Also with my model, like yours, I could give friends rides on the handle bars. My sister's model had narrower handle bars and no one could sit there, haha.

Loved that bike. My grandpa sold both of them in the nineties probably for a few bucks. We were so pissed.

I got this same bike for my 5 birthday in 1983. Mine had a yellow seat and yellow handle bar grips. The next year my sister got the same bike for her 5th birthday. I believe the model changed to a white seat and a different color for the grips. Also with my model, like yours, I could give friends rides on the handle bars. My sister's model had narrower handle bars and no one could sit there, haha.

Loved that bike. My grandpa sold both of them in the nineties probably for a few bucks. We were so pissed.

Wow! A woman that can remember what her childhood bike looked like. Girls don't seem to attach the same importance to their first set of wheels as guys do. You are unique and must be a tomboy.:p We need more biker girls. Welcome aboard. Gary

Back