HUFFNASTY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Oklahoma! First build here, who am I kidding, this is a bolt on betty! Was able to pick up a 1960(ish) huffy middle weight in not to bad of shape. Will be leaving the frame as is (save a fresh coat of rattle can) and updating all the movers and shakers of the bike. I am no purest, meaning vintage parts are not a priority. I will be going for what looks key and is functional with a heavy influence from my childhood bmx days and more recently 82d Airborne days (read: flat drab colors). Yeah yeah, I know, I wil not be taking The Huffnasty off of any sweet jumps.... will just have the looks, but ride like a dream. Pics to follow as I go read up on how to up load em....

Cheers

-peter pants

First order of business was to pull the seat cover from the schwinn seat...

Sand and flat black it:

Yes, The Huffnasty rolls with a steel saddle....

With the help of my 2 buddies, who created The Asphalt Apes of Northwest Oklahoma, we we're able to determine how big of a tire (without serious modifications) would fit...26x2.125 was the consensus AMD I placed an order for the following:

Handlebars
Grips
Kickstand
Pedals
Wheels
Tires
Valve stem covers

I will be re-using most of the components that came with the bike, bit will freshen them up, not a fan of chrome, so I will be taking care of all that as I go

Received the grips:

And the handlebars:

But the handlebars seemed to wide, cut 2.75 inch off and painted em the same color as the frame will be:

Latest posts

Back