Huero's New Build aka HNB (New Pics Added 2/26)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Huero's New Build aka HNB

Good to see that my tires went to a great purpose!! :mrgreen: The bike looks suh-weet.

i just love those old huffy frames they are work horses

+1 for me ,too.
I just used a late model Huffy Cranbrook that came with 26 x 2.125 balloons on about 1" alum rims (the newest Cranbrooks seem to all have the wider steel rims); I fit Bontrager H2s (26 x 1.5) which can run from 60 to 80psi. At 80 they roll down the road fast and easy. Not quite at tall as your 700s, for sure, but if somebody is on a tighter budget its a good way to go.
Ill bet you found the 700s 'geared you up' a bit; what are your sprocket tooth counts?

Sorry, Im not 'up' to pics yet (computer challenged)....... :?
Looks like you got some NICE wheels there!, though pricey but your bike was the right price. I do like the idea of putting the money into the pavement interface between you and the saddle, though. I have 700s on my Trek 7200 and it was a revelation in ride compared to the old 26" mountainbike with combo tires I had. Truth is, that for the $100 I got out of that cream puff I should have kept it, but I guess this RatRod stuff has caught my imagination better.
So, 'picture this Cranbrook':
Silver/grey frame, no fenders
The aforementioned 26" wheels/tires
A long Salsa road stem
Road dropbars
Black banana seat, slammed low
With this set up I can get down low and set back, not to pedal, but to do fast coasting (gravity) runs this summer on the biggest hills I can find around here (59 years on and still pushing the envelope!).

Back