hub slips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out on my cruizer today when I noticed under power, my rear hub slips or spins only when im first taking off. It is a J.C. higgins hub and wheel. I have never messed with the hub. Whats wrong?

MiniMe said:
I was out on my cruizer today when I noticed under power, my rear hub slips or spins only when im first taking off. It is a J.C. higgins hub and wheel. I have never messed with the hub. Whats wrong?

Most likely, it is caused by dried out hardened grease, and only needs "servicing". Take it apart, soak the parts in solvent or degreaser and remove old grease, reassemble with new grease. There is probably a thread with pics that illustrates the process.

dougfisk said:
MiniMe said:

Most likely, it is caused by dried out hardened grease, and only needs "servicing". Take it apart, soak the parts in solvent or degreaser and remove old grease, reassemble with new grease. There is probably a thread with pics that illustrates the process.

thanks

Back