Howdy y'all

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I've enjoyed and gleaned much useful information from this site for a while now and I guess it's time to post!My name is Kris, I'm in Minneapolis, MN just a few blocks from MplsCoaster. Also the Nickanator is nearby, and a few other guys members I met at the fall antique ride. I must say i'm a bit of an old bike purist but the custom bikes seen on this site are so cool. I've been an antique nerd forever, however the only antiques I can afford that don't just sit and collect dust are bicycles. Turning 40 in a few days, and old bikes are my mid life crisis I've decided. Anyway, I'll keep it short, but when I figure out how to insert an image I'll get some bike pics up!

welcome, look forward to seeing your bikes..... and selling you all my old one :lol: do you want to starts with the tank
bikes.. or the rat pile out back

Nice to meet you Henry, you can ship all of the tank bike's up to me haha! I have about 13 old bikes, only 2 of which are tanked, but I've vowed to make a serious effort to redress the balance.

My rolling scrap iron consists of 3 elgins (1920's motorbike, mid 30's motorbike, 1938 standard) 5 schwinns (Panther, 30's AMC Flash, 1936 unequipped, Phantom rustbucket, 1955 Starlet 2 speed) 2 higgins (1950 colorflow unequipped, 1947 tanker) 39 Womens Mercury Pacemaker, Unidentified early motorbike project, Western flyer black Rat (soon to be on the for sale page).

Condition doesn't mean much to me as long as the patina is nice, I just tune, grease and ride.

Welcome Buddy, you finally bit the bullet !
I didn't even know you had started posting when I was at your Bday party,
which was a lot fun, thank your girlfriend for my wife and me.

I looked at your bike list and I think your passing me by :shock:

Glad to see you're active here now "Old Timer" :lol:

There you are...hahaha. It was good meeting you at the ride. Glad you decided to start posting here. I am new to all of this and I feel lucky that there are some local guys with a wealth of information.

So I'm going to post some picture I have of you so peopelecan see at least two of your cool bikes
IMG_5738II.jpg

RustyK and his sister on the 2012 Fall Ride (Fat Willy and Son in the background)
IMG_7747II_zps0f28b542.jpg

You better get that Photo bucket account up and running before I get carried away :lol:

Welcome to the madness!
Never would have expected a "Howdy Y'all" from the twin cities.

Hey Rusty...I may be interested in that Western Flyer when you get ready to get rid of it. Let me know.

Thanks everybody! Just figured out the pic thing I think, so I'll try to start a post. Steve It makes me laugh that you're posting pics before I even have it figured out Haha!

Back